Zafira 2.2 direct design auto 55' plate - Loss of power - cherry-sky

Can anyone please help? So frustrated! Had a Zaffy now for ten months.Three months ago it lost power, and went into limp home mode. So, I took it to Vauxhall for diagnosis. Found out that it was on recall for replacement of FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR. Had this replaced (luckily enough didn't have to pay this time). However problems continued. This time took it to another garage. They knew it had had regulator replaced, and so replaced the RAIL SENSOR. Very annoyed! Paid this out of my own pocket.

Problem still continued.....Took back to Vauxhall as well as the garage. Apparently the numbers on the PRESSURE REGULATOR are not the ones on file for the regulator that was replaced beforehand. (Apparently the FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR and the RAIL SENSOR are the same part and I've had this peplaced twice in two months.) Technician said it isn't this that is at fault, it must be the FUEL PUMP, and quoted over £500.

Can anyone tell me if these parts are the same thing? Have I been had? If this is a common problem, then why isn't it on recall?

Zafira 2.2 direct design auto 55' plate - Loss of power - MKB64

Hi cherry-sky

I don't know if you have had your problem sorted out yet, but I had the same one with my Zafira 2.2 Life ('55 plate) in November 2010. The 'spanner' warning light kept coming on yet when I took it to my local garage they couldn't find anthing wrong with it. Then, after a final test drive by the mechanic, it totally stopped and would not re-start. I called the AA and had to take it to my local Vauxhall dealer - Toomeys at Southend-on-Sea and they fixed it in the same day. They said it was a 'software problem' and that they had to update the car's software. Fingers crossed it seems to have worked for my Zafira.

I have recently been reading about a Watchdog investigation into Vauxhall's 2,2 engines and it appears to be a common problem with the 2.2 engines. I have not heard if they have found a permanent solution yet though. I would be interested to know if this 'software update' has fixed it permanently or not.

Hope this helps