'03 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 5dr hatch - Strange remote central locking problems - MagicMan

I have a particularly strange problem with my Focus' remote central locking. The symptoms are:

• When I hit "unlock" on the key fob, all the doors unlock, except for the drivers door.
  • Sometimes the drivers door does unlock (only every now and then)
  • Remote locking locks all doors every time.
  • Boot remote unlocking etc works fine.
  • Using manual locking and unlocking with the key in the door works every time.
  • The indicators only flash on opening/closing 1 in every 20-30 times or so.
  • I have tried reprogramming the key using the ignition stage 2-3 4 times in 6 seconds trick - no difference.
  • I have tried unplugging all the wires from the Siemens remote box under the drivers dash, leaving for several hours, then replugging - no difference.

I'd usually do simple repairs myself, but I'm stumped on what to replace/fix on this one. Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers

'03 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 5dr hatch - Strange remote central locking problems - kalloplaw

As wierd as it sounds, try checking the battery voltage. If it is down even a little. the computer won't work properly and have wierd things happen. Your symtoms were exactly like mine and that is what happened to me. I put in a new battery and the problem ended.