DVLA clamping - rayleck

A guy in our road had his(untaxed) car clamped Friday lunchtime by the DVLA.The car is still clamped,I thought the longer you left the car clamped the the higher the release fee?.

I would of thought he would get the clamp off ASAP to save embarressment as well as money!.

DVLA clamping - LucyBC

If you don't pay within 24 hours they can impound the vehicle -- and crush it or sell it after 7 days.

The release fee is £100 for the first 24h and £200 thereafter. There is a £21 a day storage fee if they lift the vehicle. In addition you have to tax the car before they will release it and also cover any back tax due.

It may be he does not have the money to pay the fee or access to credit to cover it.

DVLA clamping - rayleck

If you don't pay within 24 hours they can impound the vehicle -- and crush it or sell it after 7 days.

The release fee is £100 for the first 24h and £200 thereafter. There is a £21 a day storage fee if they lift the vehicle. In addition you have to tax the car before they will release it and also cover any back tax due.

It may be he does not have the money to pay the fee or access to credit to cover it.

I dont think money is a problem-the tax-dodger concerned is a serving police officer!.