Any - Alloy Wheel Refurbishment - RaineMan

I don't believe it I have the same problem as my last car with an alloy wheel. During the week I went to the local tyre centre with what I thought was a slow puncture to be informed there was corrosion on the inner rim and that the wheel needed refurbishment. When I contacted the number they gave me I was quoted £65 + VAT. However I do not want the whole wheel refurbished just the leak cured. The other problem was dropping off the wheel and going back for it would use up my 50 mile/50 mph spare! Does anybody know of a company who will sort out the inner rim while I wait? Preferably in Herts or Beds but would also consider North London, Bucks and Essex. Many thanks.

Any recommendations? Anyone? Whilst I can find someone to do this work in Yellow Pages or on the Internet my experience with a gardener and my sister’s with a roofer suggest this is not the way to go!

Any - Alloy Wheel Refurbishment - Coady1uk

If it is any help to you, i had a Astra with a slow puncture diagnosed as corrosion on the inner rim. My local independant tyre centre just removed the tyre and cleaned up any corrosion using a flap wheel in an air drill. Wheel was perfect until i sold the car 3 years later.

Any - Alloy Wheel Refurbishment - piston power

This was my job as a lad have the tyre removed & grind of the flakey alloy/rubber compound on the bead of the rim to a shinny surface and spray it with any colour paint you like because you won't see it.

Then soap the rim and clean the tyre and re fit, You could do the rim yourself and ask the garage to re fit the tyre.

That price you quoted is far too much for this type of common repair.

Any - Alloy Wheel Refurbishment - garage-express

Here at Garage Express located in NW9 can refurb it for you and as you only want the inside doing it is £20 inc new valve and re balancing and take approx 30 mins to do. search for us on google for garage express london or find us on motorcodes.co.uk

Many thanks for the responses. After telephoning around I found a small independent tyre dealer who did the job for just under £18-00. It seems that the larger chains (who mainly have younger staff) do not really want to know! Garage-express - if I had not found someone closer I would have come over to you.