Ford focus 2.0 TDCI 07 - Low oil pressure when hot - Car = Problems = loads of cash

Hi, some help needed please! Got a focus 2.0 TDCI 07 plate with 62,000 miles service is due end of this month but just starting to have a low oil pressure light come on only when the engine is hot and is idling 750-800 RPM. Starting when cold and driving the car the light doesn’t come on its only after a journey longer than 15mins doing over 50mph (i.e. up to normal operating temperature) the light comes on when down to idle. If I blip the throttle to 1250 RPM the light goes off most of the time. Also engine sounds fine and I have checked the oil level its only used 1/4 of a litre since last service.

I’m thinking get it serviced as soon as possible as oil could have lost its viscosity and getting to thin when hot? Would appreciate come comments please. Thank you

Ford focus 2.0 TDCI 07 - Low oil pressure when hot - bathtub tom

When was it last serviced?

Ford focus 2.0 TDCI 07 - Low oil pressure when hot - Car = Problems = loads of cash

Last serviced by ford on the 24/09/2009 at 51000 miles

Ford focus 2.0 TDCI 07 - Low oil pressure when hot - Roly93

This sounds a bit nasty, I dont think it is the oil thinning, unless they just never changed it.

It could be a faulty oil pressure switch which I have seen in the past, or a very serious engine problem like bigend or main bearings.

I'd suggest getting hold of an oil pressure gauge and measuring what pressure you've got.

Alternatively, you could change the oil and filter, making sure you use the right products, or the oil pressure switch if you want to throw money at it guessing what the problem might be.

Took it to fords yesterday to do an oil pressure check and it was fine. They changed the oil pressure sensor and oil and filter and all is good.

Lucky me

I'm pleased for you!