Ford Focus 1.8 zetec hatchback, petrol, 2002. - cooling fan issue's - jameshockey

Both the cooling fans work as they should, ie they come on when the car is park and the engine gets hot and also they come on with the aircon. However both fans also come on when the heater distribution control is set to the screen icon? the fans do not come on when it is pointing towards the screen and feet position, when I move the control away from the screen icon the fans stop with in a few seconds. This happens with the engine is both hot and cold and also with the heater temperature control is set to any tempereture. The fans do not come on when the heater fan control is set to 0, it is as though the aircon is coming on when the control is set to demist the screen, should it do this? The temperature gauge is reading as it should and the engine is not overheating. Any ideas???

James.

Ford Focus 1.8 zetec hatchback, petrol, 2002. - cooling fan issue's - elekie&a/c doctor

This is normal operation on this model.When demist is engaged ,the a/c is automatically switched on even though the a/c switch may not be pressed.Nothing to worry about.hth

Ford Focus 1.8 zetec hatchback, petrol, 2002. - cooling fan issue's - jameshockey

Thanks for that, mabe you could tell me if both fans should be running? Ive owned the car from new but I only notiecd the fans running this last month.

James