Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR - Wheezing noise - jonnyc500

Hello, i've recently bought my C5 2.0 HDI VTR which has a wheezing noise, the garage i bought it from pinpointed the noise as the alternator using a stethoscope, since then a friend has heard the noise and thinks it could be the turbo.

The noise occurs everytime the engine is reved up, either in or out of gear.

I disputed the fact the 2.0 HDI VTR model even has a turbo and still think it is the alternator

Can anybody tell me if A) the car even has a turbo and B) what you think the noise could be.

Hope you can help

Jonny

Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR - Wheezing noise - Peter.N.

Certainly most of the HDI's have a turbo, there may be an exception, if it has I would suspect an air leak somewhere between the engine -turbo-intercooler. To check if it has a turbo, follow the air intake pipe from the filter, if it goes directly to the inlet manifold it doesn't, if it dissapears round the back of the engine, it does.

Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR - Wheezing noise - Dutchie

Hello,the Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR diesel has a turbo.Is it a new car?You think the noise is from the alternator so does the garage.Did the garage check any connections from turbo to engine block?

Thanks peter i will check that that asap, ive had a quick look and cant see the turbo.

Dutchie the garage i bought from hadnt even check the oil so i doubt very much they've checked the turbo

hopefully if it is the turbo it wont be an expensive fix, i'll let you know the outcome.

Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR - Wheezing noise - Dutchie

Hello jon,Like Peter said if your car has the turbo most of them have,could be a leak somewhere.

in the end the problem was something to do with a bearing in the alternator

knew i was right ha

thanks again