Ford Focus - 2001 Ford Focus Start Issue - shaftos

HI all,

I have just brought a 2001 Focus off a friend. It has a problem when you start it that it takes 5-10 seconds before it starts. Starter motor sounds normal whilst its cranking. Once it starts it runs smoothly and everything is fine. Just wondering if anyone has come across the same problem before?

Ford Focus - 2001 Ford Focus Start Issue - shaftos
Because I'm an idiot I forgot to put that its a 1.6. I have read problems on other site that it could possibly be fuel pump related. Don't know if anyone is able to confirm this at all. Cheers.
Ford Focus - 2001 Ford Focus Start Issue - smed706

now then I'm just wondering is it a diesel or petrol .if it is a diesel the problem points to at glow plugs . If its a petrol try a service ( plugs + leads + air + oil filters + oil change) this is a common cause of poor starting the service if you do it your self should cost you around £40 to £60 depending on were you purchase the service kit from . Hope this info works for you and was helpful . please drop me a quick email to smed706@googlemail.com and let me know the out come please yours hopefully . Neil in Hull .