All makes and models - Technical service bulletins & Auto Express - jjm8

Hi there,

I'm a staff writer for Auto Express and we're looking to speak to motorists who own – or have owned – cars that have had technical service bulletins issued on them.

* Have you taken your car in for a service and seen on the invoice that a TSB was carried out?

* Has your car had a fault which you subsequently found out to be a known issue, with a TSB issued on it?

* Have you been told about TSBs issued for your car which the dealer/manufacturer did not alert you to?

If so, we'd like to hear from you. Please post your experience below or, if you'd rather, you can email me at jon_morgan@dennis.co.uk

Many thanks,

Jon

All makes and models - Technical service bulletins & Auto Express - Avant

HJ has given permission for the above to go on here, although he has made it clear that he expects the website to be credited if Auto Express uses any information from here.

If there's a lack of responses it'll mean that most of us are not aware of technical service bulletins on our cars. In many cases dealers' service receptionists wouldn't know a TSB if it hit them (Ooh, I thought it was a bank....) - never mind the customer.

But if anyone does have experience of these, feel free to respond.

Avant (moderator)

All makes and models - Technical service bulletins & Auto Express - bathtub tom

I've had experience of assisting Auto Express before.

I won't do it again!

All makes and models - Technical service bulletins & Auto Express - jjm8

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

If anyone does want to talk to us about technical service bulletins I can assure you we won't print anything without your permission.

Regards

Jon

All makes and models - Technical service bulletins & Auto Express - Jeremy H

Good luck with this project - you'll need it! My experience with an otherwise excellent VW dealership (Martins Group) is that any mention of 'problems' and they shut up like a hungry clam in extreme denial. Pain of being immersed in old sump oil, no doubt. Quite possibly a condition of retaining their franchise.