Peugeot 306 - 1995 Peugeot 306 Broken Plip / Remote - GX1995

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

I have a Peugeot 306 1995 model (I assume therefore it has an Infra red Phase 1 remote).

I left the lights on and the car battery went flat over night. I have now charged the battery and the alarm is now set permanently on i.e. if you open a door the alarm triggers and resets after about 20 seconds back to standby only to trigger again if you oven the door or move around within the car.

My one and only key remote stopped working about six months ago – I have tried changing the remote batteries but it still doesn’t work. I have been using the key to get in and start the car for the last six months.

Is it possible to get another key Plip / fob say off eBay and set it to work with the car by following the reprogram procedures with the alarm is set on mode? I wouldn’t expect it to be able to program while it the alarm is set to on?

If not does anyone have any other ideas as to how I can turn off or disable the alarm and then get a new key reprogrammed?

I have two keys with the car, one just a key without the Plip and one key with the Plip but the remote doesn’t work.

Any ideas? Does anyone know what Peugeot wouild charge to sort this problem out?

Many thanks.

Peugeot 306 - 1995 Peugeot 306 Broken Plip / Remote - GX1995
Problem solved!

Disconnected the car battery. Put ignition key in and turned it to position 2. Reconnected the battery.

All systems working as normal.