ford focus - Urgent Buying advice - gedman85

Hello, me again,

On the verge of buying an 05 focus 1.6tdci, but hpi check says that it has had 5 previous owners. It has 90,000 miles on clock and full service history ( but none of the mileage can be confirmed by HPI, dealer has said he'd provide me with 3 month warranty. Its a little bit tatty inside and when it pulle doff i made a high pitched whirring noise when it turned on. Drives fine, checked under bonnet and it seems fine also. It seemed that the gears were a little hard to change, but i dont know if thats just because im used to a ford fiesta t reg..

Also should it have had its timing belt changed by now?

Am I being awkward here?

ford focus - Urgent Buying advice - Collos25

The gaurantee will not be worth the paper its printed on,just walk away there are thousands of OK focus cars and estates around for sale.Doesn't it ring any alarm bells 5 owners cannot substantiate the mileage and its showing 90k probable done 190k its already got something wrong with it and its not yours yet.Never buy a car in a rush there is always another around the corner.In that condition and that sort of history it would fetch around £1200 max at a UK auction oif it found a buyer.

ford focus - Urgent Buying advice - piston power

I second that with what Andy says 5 owners on a 05 plate sounds like this has been a pig and been pushed on walk off and if you can run fast!

ford focus - Urgent Buying advice - gedman85

thanks guys,

I guess I was taken by the fact its the new shape for not much money. The search continues ( I take your point about being patient Andy).

Thanks