HONDA DEAUVILLE - MOTORCYCLE CARB: GAS TESTER - Gregory II

Hi

Can carbs in a 2 cylinder deauville be set with an MOT gas analyser.I can use one where the readings change. What would be the best settings for this if this can be done.

With thanks

Greg

Hi

I have found the following information. Can someone let me know what would be the ideal settings for a motorcycle? The equipment measures the following:

CO 0 - 10 % vol. (res: 0.01 %)

HC 0 - 10,000 ppm (res: 1ppm - 10 ppm above 2000)

CO2 0-16% (res: 0.1%)

O2 0-21% (res: 0.01%) RPM 0-20,000

Temperature 0-200°C

Can someone with more knowledge check the information below please!

Carbon Dioxide (CO2) = around 13.5% = 14.7 parts of air to 1 part of fuel
Carbon Monoxide (CO) = result of too much fuel or too little oxygen = normally just under 1%.
HC = the lowest HC reading is slightly weaker than 14.7:1 at around 15:1.
Oxygen (O2) = An over-rich mixture will result in a low or zero oxygen emission; an excessively weak mixture will result in a high oxygen reading. = expect an O2 reading of less than 0.5%
Oxides of Nitrogen (NOX) = A reduction of NO2 emissions can be achieved with lower compression ratios, a slightly rich mixture and retarded ignition timing. If you have been paying attention you might realise that these are completely the opposite of that required reducing other emissions. Value unknown!

Which settings can ultimately be adjusted with a gas tester in adjusting the carbs? Would it just be the C02?

HONDA DEAUVILLE - MOTORCYCLE CARB: GAS TESTER - jc2

CO and CO alone