Ford Mondeo - Buyers' rights - Brian Mac

In March of this year I purchased a one owner Mondeo Ghia V6 Auto with 22500 miles on the clock from a local Ford main dealer plus a "Ford Protect" extended 2 year warranty. I became concerned at the lack of power when climbing hills and returned the vehicle to the dealer for check in June. I was informed that no problem could be found. The performance has since worsened and upon returning the car again on 28 July I was subsequently advised that all 3 catalytic converters are blocked and that the repairs are not covered by the warranty. The bill for repairs, including labour, will be about £1700 but the dealer has offered to reduce this by 50%. I appreciate the offer but had thought that any faults found within 6 months should be fixed free of charge. The dealer says that they will only do this within the first 3 months. Should I accept the 50% offer or argue for more and if so on what basis?

Ford Mondeo - Buyers' rights - LucyBC

The presumption is that the defect should be fixed in the first six months but it depends on the age of the vehicle and the mileage you have done since you bought it.

I would think you have the basis of a good case for them to undertake the repair on a fully funded basis.

Ford Mondeo - Buyers' rights - Brian Mac

Thanks. The car is 7 years old and I have done about 4000 miles since I bought it. Does this affect your overall view?