mazda 6 135bhp tdi - mazda 6 turbo? - ianhayle

hi i have a td mazda 6 the 136bhp model on a 53 reg. it has been black/gray smoking for a few months now, did not think much of it being a derv with 140k

recantly it has been using about 1ltr of oil every 3-4 weeks, noticed a small drop of oil on the road where its parked so had a quick look to find a small amount of oil, so took of the undertray and have a lot of fresh oil everywhere but the highest point i can see oil it at the turbo. :-( i beleve it does have a bit of lose of power but not loads and its smoking. in the mornings it has latly also been running a bit lumpy untill it warms up then it ok.

but can a turbo leak oil inside and burn it off and also leak outside of the turbo also at the same time without a major loose of turbo boost? thanks for any help in advance. ian

mazda 6 135bhp tdi - mazda 6 turbo? - Collos25

Yes,it wants looking at with some urgency leaving it can be catastrophic.

mazda 6 135bhp tdi - mazda 6 turbo? - ianhayle

hi thnks for the reply i understand it needs looking at but my problem is the mrs using it 7 days a week doing 60mile trip to work. and i use in the day so i need to get it sorted asap. but being a sunday noone is open to talk to so this is why i have come to here. could it be a simple cause of replace turbo with the information i have provided or does it sound like could be more? im not a machinc but i worked in a garage for 2 years when i was a bit younger so i am able to replace parts and what have you but i wasnt in the game long enough to learn the fault finding. i am confidant enough to do the work its just finding the problem, as cant afford to pay silly main dealer prices with moving house end of this month and also tax n mot in oct. all comes at once dont it oh and it looks like my bday on the 16th this month is canceled . lol