If you have a technical question.... - Paul0528

I have owned this Mazda Tamura from new since Feb 2010 and I have done around 3500 miles. I struggle to get any more than 36 litres in the tank and as a result my fuel efficiency is not that good. I am lucky to see 300 miles from what my gauge says a full tank. I am conscious of making sure the air con does remains off, and to ensure the boot is empty.

I feel that I am a fairly decent driver so I am frustrated at the cars performance. It is due to go in for a check for what I perceive as a problem but I do not hold out much hope with what I have been advised so far (e.g. drive like miss daisy 60mph on the motorway etc).

Has anyone else had the same type of issues? As I was hoping to enjoy 54mpg.Is this a common problem or should I put my faith in the Mazda Technicians?

Edited by Avant on 31/07/2010 at 00:52

Mazda Tamura - Avant

I'm not sure what your car is - I think the Tamura was a special-edition Mazda 2 or 6 - so which is it, and is it petrol or diesel? Only in a diesel 2 would you get 54 mpg in normal driving, although you might also get it in a very gently-driven diesel 6.

If you can only get 36 litres into your tank, it sounds as if you're refuelling before you need to: maybe your petrol gauge is pessimistic.

Mazda Tamura - Collos25

I do not understand the relationship between only been able to put 35litres in the tank and the economy,I know it will be slightly less economical with a full tank.Anybody who takes any notice of official figures must still believe in fairy stories.

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 31/07/2010 at 09:26

Mazda Tamura - rtj

I have a Mazda6 and the fuel capacity is 64.5 litres. So I wonder if this Tamura is a Mazda2? When the fuel light comes on it still has around 9-10 litres in it too.

I don't think I've got more than about 50mpg in mine. It is the 143PS diesel. with DPF.

Mazda Tamura - injection doc

diesel or petrol ? I reckon if you get 36 ltrs in at 300 miles then its returning approx 37 mpg . mazda quote 40 mpg urban so its not far off. remeber its tight if its new & if its a diesel may need to get too 10000 miles before it improves.

my own diesel when new was doing 23-26 best & now does nearer 40 mpg & it was just very tight & needed a good spank.

the tank will need to be chacked to make sure it hasn't sucked in but may be the gauge is faulty & tells you the tanks empty when its still half full.

tell us more ?