my omega... - svpworld
:-)

Well come on guys, I haven't seen an omega thread for ..er.. days!

I'm happy to say anyway that I've now covered over 5000 miles since I bought my GLS 2.0 auto in July and still loving every minute! So far (touch wood) nothing at all has gone wrong, faulty, noisy, rattly, squeaky, or oily. Am I just a very lucky guy? She's now covered a majestic 94,000 miles, everyone feels tight and solid, even the winter mornings and frost haven't bothered her warm little heart! (though I do miss heated seats!)

I did do a mobil one change from Kwik fit a few months back and changed the pollen and air filters out of caution, the pollen filter certainly needed it (I can breath now with the windows closed!). I'm sure the exhaust must be on its way soon, as last time I looked on the ramp it did look somewhat corroded. Question, is it worth putting a stainless steel on?

The auto box oil looked clean and red last time I checked it (at 91K) though I think coming up to 100K it should really be replaced out of caution. Or might it cause problems doing this?

Timing belt was done last at 72K, so again i guess around 100K might be a safe time to get it done again, together with the tensioners. I'm a bit worried about getting it done properly though, so any recommendations? I live in Cardiff, Wales.

Well guess that's it.. just wanted to let you all know these mobile hotels aren't all that bad!

Regards
Simon

Mine's utterly luscious, too. Mmmm, nice.

I know cambelt failure is a nightmare, but getting it done after 28k miles seems a little like overkill.

How much were the pollen filters and how easy were they to replace? I suspect mine could do with it.

mine's now at 65K miles. I'll be providing full running cost breakdown on my second anniversary with her in January, whether anyone wants to read it or not.

V
my omega... - zedzedeleven
the pollen filter is easy to replace , the retaining clips are also easy to break , my pollen filter is now held in with duct tape . filter ( and tape ) available from Halfords , though the filter is just as cheap from the Vauxhall main dealer . I think the price is about a tenner . When you remove the old one check to see if the recirc. flap is working , it`s visible with the filter out .
my omega... - zedzedeleven
I`d be interested to see if a full stainless system is available because my front pipes are holed in the vicinity of the lambda sensor . I have seen ads. for tailormade systems and was thinking of ringing next time i see it as i will probably be keeping my omega for some time , depreciation being what it is. so a stainless system may be worth it in the long run , someone on here has just paid two-fifty per side for the front sections including the cats .
my omega... - smokie
I just did air and pollen filters, took five minutes and cost about £18.50 from Halfords.

Halfords can supply a stainless steel exhaust for my 3.0 MV6 for £398. Other places (except one in Scotland) were dearer to lesser or greater degrees. My mechanic says he'd fit it for about £40 - £50.

Got Green Stuff pads for front, they apparently don't do Green Stuff rears, but they sold me their brand of Kevlar rears, all low dust. These cost about £72 all in IIRC (P&P etc) ordered direct from importer.
My Omega's driver's door - Chad.R
Glad to hear you're pleased with the car Simon.

Ironically, only yesterday, after 5K and 6 months of relatively trouble free motoring, my Omega decided to play up. The well known "sticking driver's door" - Went to open the car in the morning, plipped the central locking all the door lock buttons popped up as normal, however the driver's door won't budge - all the other doors open OK and even the driver's door lock button will release and retract fully.

Opened the door internally and applied copious amounts of WD40 to the lock and it will at least, now open. However there now seems to be a "notch" in the movement of the handle, where the last 1/4 of travel is fairly stiff.

I know that this problem is well known and even documented here
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=540

What I'd like to know is whether I've just "postponed" the problem till later and whether there is a easy fix for this as I don't fancy giving a Vx dealer £125 for a new door lock mechanism.

Chad.R
My Omega's driver's door - svpworld
Actually I thought the other day that since almost all omega owners use the remote locking facility, the locks themselves (barrels) hardly get used. The battery started going in my key the other day so I had to open the door manually. Actually I was surprised it worked fine, but I think its worth spraying some wd40 in all the lock openings on a regular basis.

Pollen filter was about £12 from a v dealer, though air filter was nearly double that if I remember right. Both are simple to fit, at least on the 2.0 model. Its actually amazing (and scary) to see the colour of the pollen filter after a year, to think that before I had this car I was breathing that in!!!!

Simon

I think its worth spraying some wd40 in all the lock openings
on a regular basis.

As mentioned in a previous thread;

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=84...3

Pay particular attention to thread;

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=8483&m...e