Jaguar X-Type Estate - In-car-phone for Jaguar X Type. - rigby

I have a 2007 X-Type Jaguar Estate. I paired and used a Motorola mobile phone with the Jaguar in-car-phone in 2007 and have been making and receiving calls through the Jaguar in-car-phone ever since.

About a week ago, when the Motorola was switched off, the in-car-phone showed a message “phone book not ready”.

I switched the phone on and at the same time switched the Bluetooth on. The in-car-phone screen showed a message “Check Phone”.

I thought that perhaps there had been a glitch with the computer, so went through the routine pf pairing the Motorola to the in-car-phone by keying in: ##3#*#. This routine is described in the Instruction Manual and is the same routine I used when first pairing the Motorola.

The in-car-phone screen showed: “HANDSET IN USE. Mute and replace handset to continue hands free call, or replace handset to end call.” I switched off the Bluetooth and the Motorola and the above message remained on screen.

I switched off the car, removed ignition key and left the car overnight – the Instruction Manual says leave ignition switched off for 6 minutes. The next morning I went back to the car to have another try and went through the same routine with the same faulty messages resulting.

I bought another mobile telephone – a Nokia this time – and tried to pair it with the in-car-phone with the same results as described above. This would indicate that the phones are fine, but that there is something wrong with the car computer/phone.

I can only think that the problem may be resolved by re-booting the computer. Has anyone any ideas on how to fix the problem: failing that, has anyone any ideas on how to re-boot thecomputer?

Jaguar X-Type Estate - In-car-phone for Jaguar X Type. - Collos25

I had the same problem with my X type estate gave up in the end the whole unit was replaced under warranry it lasted 3 months ended up using a Parrot that worked perfectly.I had so many problems with the car I got rid .