hire car - Speeding fines in Spain - normanw

My wife has received a speeding fine document re our holiday in Menorca.

It is in Spanish. Sholud we have received a translation into English to make it legal?

Thanks.

hire car - Speeding fines in Spain - veryoldbear

Would a Spanish driver caught speeding in the UK expect the documents to be sent in Spanish ? Bah humbug,

hire car - Speeding fines in Spain - Dwight Van Driver

I have a note from way back that if this is a letter from :

Medio de Corte Credito Recondale Estobar

and signed by a Juan Carlos Jemenez, OR

from Deuda Recaaudar Alguacil Y Servicios (Drayes)signed Miguel Walbery

The letter will aledge that traffic offences have been committed and outsnading fine of 108 Euro which should be forwarded.

If so then its a scam and Trading Stardards had an interest as they were taking up with Spansig Authorities.

Scammers may have moved on with different details so have a word with TS.

dvd

hire car - Speeding fines in Spain - Armitage Shanks {p}

I had one from Germany last year and I told them to transalate it, please, if they wanted any action - they did and I paid up. However, as DVD says, this may well be a scam. Even without reading Spanish you should be able to work out of there is mention of a date, time, place, speed etc plus, is there a photo or any proof of the allegation? Be supicious of this and let us know how you get on, please

Thanks. Please see my reply to DVD. Thanks for your comments.

I have a note from way back that if this is a letter from :

Medio de Corte Credito Recondale Estobar

and signed by a Juan Carlos Jemenez, OR

from Deuda Recaaudar Alguacil Y Servicios (Drayes)signed Miguel Walbery

The letter will aledge that traffic offences have been committed and outsnading fine of 108 Euro which should be forwarded.

If so then its a scam and Trading Stardards had an interest as they were taking up with Spansig Authorities.

Scammers may have moved on with different details so have a word with TS.

dvd

Thanks. TS say the site qouted on the letter is genuine. On attempting to pay, however, my computer throws up a message stating that there is a problem with the website's security certificate. We will write back to Spain asking for an alternative payment method.