Nissan Almera - ABS fault - charleyfarley

Hi i have a '99 almera, the ABS light is on constantly, i took it to the garage today but they couldn't find the fault because the ECU doesn't have an LED to show the fault code. Any advice would be appreciated.

Nissan Almera - ABS fault - bathtub tom

If this is an N15 model (as I think it should be from its age), then you can 'paperclip' a couple of pins on the diagnosis socket and read the fault code from the flashes of a dashboard light. I believe the procedure's explained in the relevant Haynes.

Alternatively you can try the owner's forum:

www.almeraownersclub.com/

Nissan Almera - ABS fault - madf

Any garage which cannot find an ABS fault is full of incompetents.

The best test is start with the front passenegr side sensor##, disc***ect it and measure the resistance with a multimeter. IF zero or infinite, it's gone. The correct reading should be c 2-2.6K ohms (IIRC).

Then the front driver's side.

## Always usually the first to go due to water/grit.

Test takes 10 minutes.

Even I as an incompetent know that....

Edit the swear filter does not like disc.o.n.nect

Second edit:

If the fornt are OK, check the rear.

The ABS unit itself usually gives few problems...(my comments are general.. I know nothing of the car itself)

Edited by madf on 08/07/2010 at 10:39

Nissan Almera - ABS fault - SINSPEED

Can't off-hand say for sure what the N15 Almera pins would be on the diagnostic port to put a paperclip across but we used the same technique to test for fault codes on our N14 Pulsar GTi-R.. it's a lot quicker then checking each sensor individually too and it is noted in the Haynes manual so check it out.. it's worth keeping for when you need it :)

If the ABS unit proves to be faulty, it will be a very simple fix and we've got a few N15 Almera units on the shelf too.. I could probably let one go for cheap if you need it.. if you do, give us a call on 0871 2887 666. Most likely a sensor though, they hardly ever go the ABS pumps, we've got a few on the shelf they never get requested lol.

Edited by SINSPEED on 26/10/2010 at 01:57