Vauxhall zafira 55 - Where do i stand legally - Kitty Kat

A couple of weeks ago I had my car serviced at my local garage, then yesterday i parked up and with my wheels at an angle i noticed something dangling from the "suspension?" behind the wheel arch which looked like a strap.

I got down on my knees and found that it was an inspection lamp that had obviously been left there by one of the mechanics it was stuck because it had very strong magnets, coincidently my car radio has been playing up too with different things stopping working one after another now the radio has no display the steering wheel controls no longer work, it only switches off manually now and i can't try any of the setting or programming as there is no display !

So apart from the danger that this lamp could have come off at any time and i dread to think what could have happened to me or my family but i feel sure that the magnets have b*****ed my radio up ! Please can you tell me if i can prove that the lamp caused the radio faults ? and also do i report this garage to trading standards as i am quite concerned at thier incompetence ? Thanks any advice gratefully recieved.

Edited by Avant on 29/06/2010 at 20:31

Vauxhall Zafira 55 - Where do I stand legally? - Avant

You've every right to be angry but I think you should first go back to the garage and get them to put everything right free of charge. If they are apologetic and helpful, and let you know that they're taking steps to make sure it never happens again, you may think it best to treat it as an honest mistake and leave it at that.

Take it further if you don't get satisfaction.

Vauxhall Zafira 55 - Where do I stand legally? - Kitty Kat
Thanks for your reply, went to the garage today, spoke to the manager he was as shocked as us and has requested that we take the car in on saturday morning so that they can see if they can fix it. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again.