Vauxhall Combo - Engine cuts out when hot - vwscotty

Hi, i have a 53 plate dual fuel combi & when it gets hot (Not over heated, fan kicks in, temp gauge 3/4) it just dies! On trying to start it, it just spins over not even trying to fire! but leaving it for 20mins + It starts no problem till she gets up to temp again & dies! Had it plugged in to OBD machine doesnt show any fault codes??? Im baffled! Any ideas?

Vauxhall Combo - Engine cuts out when hot - starfield

have you looked into vapourlock issues. this could be the problem

Vauxhall Combo - Engine cuts out when hot - madf

Failed crankshaft position sensor almost certainly.

Classic symtoms.

Hi, thanks for your reply. You say failed crank position sensor, but it only cuts out when up to temp. would it not run funny/ if at all if it was that??

Vauxhall Combo - Engine cuts out when hot - madf

It fails when hot because the temperature makes the internal wiring expand . If it has a crack in the wiring, when it is cold current will still flow as the two broken ends will be touching. Then it expands and one end no longer touches the other . (the sides are insulated)..

As I said, a common fault. Symptoms exactly as you describe..And when you get it on a fault code reader... nothing to see..

Just changed crank sensor, still the same problem ??

Vauxhall Combo - Engine cuts out when hot - Gregory II

Perhaps the new sensor is faulty or its wiring is causing the problem. I would check the resistance to ensure it is correct in this respect.