Citroen C8 - National Engine Center - anitsocial

Anybody dealt with these b4... they are offering a fantasic deal at the moment for a conditioned engine for my vehicle. just wanted to get some back ground first?

Citroen C8 - National Engine Center - injection doc

Take extreme care when purchasing a replacement engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have been warned, buy cheap buy twice or even three times!!!!!!!!! read the warranty terms, do they need to service it & how many mile or weeks over or under can you be ??

I had a customer buy a replacement engine for a Merc G wagon & the bill was twice the original quote & he went 110 miles over the warranty period for service & when it went wrong they didn't want to know! cost him for a 2nd replacement in the end!!

Any engine centres that are cheap normally catch you for loads of extra's when fitting ie

water pump. radiator, oil pump, clutch,& the list keeps going.

I have seen it hundreds of times, normally dealer engine best in the long term & normally best warranty

Citroen C8 - National Engine Center - injection doc

There are loads of reviews on google but this one has an e-mail contact! thats how appalled with the service!

Terrible, shoddy business

<*** src="http://www.reviewdo.co.uk/images/Design/quotel.gif" alt="" /> I live in East London and over 8 weeks ago I was searching the net for someone who does engine rebuilds/replacement. There was no one local to me who could do it as soon as possible so I came accross the Engineshop in Wales, Cardiff. They stated their work was a week turnaround, they come and recover your vehicle, repair/replace engine then recover back for price agreed. they took my van and after a few days the excuses began, first they were waiting for parts, then their mechanic was hurt, then their mechanic walked out it was excuse after excuse, this went on for 8 weeks. I contacted the engineshop and stated that I was going to collect my van, with that the owner Peter said he was going to push my van out in the road and leave it there. Bear in mind that gave me no notice that he was in wales I was in London it would have took me at least four hours to get there by then anything could have happened to the van. I contacted a garage who went and recovered my van and are going to take the work on. Peter at the engineshop left an engine in the van all stripped, if he couldn't have done the work he should have said so and at least of brought it back to London. Terrible service just want to warn others how this business is run. We are a hard working family and this has ruined us fianancially. Please contact me if you have experienced any problems: mikkiconnors@hotmail.com
Citroen C8 - National Engine Center - Peter.N.

You would probably be better off with a low mileage used engine.

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - The Warlock

Don't use them, they sound great when you first call them but it will be a painful experience.

My car has taken a very painful 6 months to get to an acceptable level after these guys bodged it. Really you should stay clear!

I actually went over to their site to try and get things moving, I was very surprised at the place when I got there ... it was like Little Warsaw, the head mechanic actually did more damage to my car while I was standing there watching him try to fix something else.

So to be objective the main concern with them is their quality of workmanship, car damaged and not put back together properly, oil leaks, water leaks... etc. If you challenge Peter he'll find an excuse ( Most likely - Well its an old car what do you expect ).

Oh and you don't get a reconditioned engine as you would imagine... I imagined fully rebuilt engine would be fitted, ( Engine stripped, cleaned, machined, and reassembeled with new consumables/seals. ) Instead they repair the faults to a sufficient level to get the engine running again ( hence the oil and water leaks )

Save yourself the headache and face the truth if your engine is shot there's no shortcut! Take it to a reputable garage and get their advice, make a call fix it or ditch it.

Finally don't rule out a good second hand engine, as that's effectively what you'll get from the National Engine Centre after a lot of hassle and pain!

If you are unlucky enough to have gone with these guys already then here is some advice and broadly follows the path that I had to take.

Don't forget the goods and services act is in place to help you out when these guys screw up. Keep a note of dates, times and outcomes of communications.

See here ... http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/DG_182935

When you buy a service you are entitled to have that service carried out with appropriate skill and care and within a reasonable timeframe.

When you are dissatisfied send them a letter by recorded delivery stating your outstanding issues and what you expect to do to resolve them.. inform them that you will allow them 14 days to rectify the issues and any issues outstanding after that time will be repaired elsewhere at their cost.

I had to do this to get my car moving and fixed to a reasonable standard.

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - lenny2010

I am having massive problems with this garage, I would really appreciate a bit more info from the Warlock as to where I stand when writing the letter you have mentioned ? They have had my car 4 and a half months out of the last 6 months ,I am absolutely gutted and dont know what to do , its crippling me financially ,

Any advise would be gratefully received

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - Collos25

You need a visit to trading standards and the CIB something you should have done months ago but hindsight is wonderful thing.

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - fester1966

Yes i fully agree that this person has to be stopped informed trading standards who told me get advice of CAB who handed myself a load of paper work and refered me back to trading standards who then told me i had to pay him£2200 just to get my car back to find he hadnt even replaced the engine and caused 1000s of pounds damage to all electrics not even audi dealership could sort it out to be told it could run into thousands to repair let alone all the damage to bodywork and missing parts i owned the vehicle nearly 5 years which was maintained to the highest spec being it was Audi i served my apprenticeship with 30yrs a go would appreciate any comments or advice if you have had the unfortunate pleasure of having your own experience with this conman TRADING AS ;NATIONAL ENGINE CENTRE .COM E PRO ENGINES AND THE ENGINECENTRE .COM Only advice i was given off trading standards was its a civil matter and i have to persue him in a small claims court and that he was well known to them but yet still allowed to trade unbelievable forgot to mention he promised a 7/10 day turn around its been exactly a year

Edited by fester1966 on 07/01/2020 at 08:35

Lenny,

I am afraid I am drawing a bit of a blank on this one, after being off the road since Feb and having driven 500 miles since these people knackered my car it's has just broken again, with suspected head gasket failure, I have got so fed up that I went out and bought another car, something that with hindsight I should have done £2.5k ago.

I am working through the legal channels at the moment and will try to keep you guys updated with progress but in a nutshell effectively once you have gone through the appropriate letter writing and put up with more shoddy workmanship you need to submit your vehicle for independent inspection ( word of advice use your own not Peters mate as he will suggest! ) the independent inspector should then be able to assist with a county court claim for damages additional repairs up to £5000.

At least Peter has done the decent thing and replied to this post with more lies and bull crap to try and sway even more people to part with their hard earned cash.

One thing I would say is if you do really decide to go with these people:

1) Please get your head read

2) Before you part with any cash, you should insist on getting a full and detailed receipt detailing the exact problem with your car and the work carried out to rectify it, this will then give you the come back that you need at a later date.

3) If you still take the risk you would have to be crazy to go with them .. don't say I didn't warn you!

I would like to hear from more people who are in the same situation as maybe we can combine efforts to get to some satisfactory resolution.

All the best,

The Warlock

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - helloyellow

Hello Warlock, I am interested in making contact with you to discuss your experience with Anderson as I too in a similar boat to you. It seems there is a lot of people out there who are not happy with the service from NEC.

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - PETER 4768

Dear Warlock

I presume you are the customer witha jaguar s type 2.5 petrol that we fitted an engine too. You had the vehicle back and complained that it had over heated again and that the abs had a fault also. We arranged to collect the vehicle twice as if i remeber correctly you were out of the country a lot as you were adamant the fault was ours.

Your vehicle was developing other faults because of rust, the osr abs sensor ring had rusted through and fallen off this was advised to you before we returned it the first time, the overheating was caused by the radiator haveing corroded so badly on the bottom that the most of the fins were missing, again you were advised that it be changed, as it was your gearbox oil cooler pipes had to be changed aswell, as guess what they had rusted through.

We completed all of this work FOC none of it was our fault, rust is your problem. You havent even had the decency to take these postings down, we supplied you with photographic evidence of the substanial rust, we supplied you invoices for new pipes etc supllied by the Jaguar main agent in Cardiff and still you leave these postings stand. So please do the decent thing and atleast reply to this post,

The Warlock its time something was done my email adrianwdavies@aol.com feel free to msge or anybody else for that matter

Hello Lenny2010

Would you be interested in discussing your outcome with me as I too are in a position of damaged car by Anderson.

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - madashell

how diid you get on with this garage, i am going through hell with them know.

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - legalbegal

Mr. Peter Anderson does appear to have a lot of adverse comments posted about his business.

We are currently processing a claim on behalf of a client who has experienced similar problems with 'The National Engine Centre' and in addition to his dismissive and rude manner he is apparently insulting and obstructive to the Police who are investigating his latest attempt of theft from our client. Wrong move Peter; the officers in charge are now more determined to insure your actions are brought to justice.

'The Warlock' did you manage to resolve your claim against this individual? Would be interested to hear the outcome. If you have not yet managed to resolve perhaps we could assist you (no win no fee basis) in mounting additional action against him. Why? As a motoring enthusiast and believer in justice I would like to see parasites like this made accountable for their actions and made to cease ripping innocent people off.

Legal Begal.

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - bobby2011
hi what was the out come of the case can you give me your cantact details pls legal begal thanks

Hello Legal Begal, I am very interested to know how your claim has progressed on behalf of your client. I have a similar problem with this Anderson too just recently.

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - madashell

Legal Begal i am going through hell at the moment with this garage, did you have any success in claiming against the parasites. Oh and just to let everyone know the majority of the peole working there are related to Peter, involving the family in the extortion of our money just gives him more loyalty from them.

MR LEGAL BEGAL

WE COLLECTED YOUR ESPACE WHICH HAD BEEN OFF THE ROAD FOR OVER YEAR, WE ADVISED YOU THAT IT WAS NOT WORTH FIXING, YOU ASKED US TO PATCH IT UP FOR YOU, SO YOU COULD DRIVE IT THROUGH AN AUCTION. YOU PAID US I THINK £1000. 6 MONTHS LATER YOU CONTACTED US TO SAY THE CAR WASNT RUNNING CORRECTLY. WE AGREED TO PURCHASE THE VEHICLE FROM YOU FOR BASICALLY YOUR MONEY BACK.

WE COLLECTED THE VEHICLE BUT YOU WOULDNT GIVE US THE V5, WE DONT PURCHASE CARS WITHOUT A V5, THIS BECAME A DISPUTE THAT ENDED UP AT THE COURT. THE COURT ORDERED WE PAY YOU AND THAT YOU GIVE US THE V5

EVERYTHING SORTED, WE HAD THE V5 AND RAN AN MOT CHECK FOR OUR OWN RECORDS IT TRANSPIRES THAT YOU HAD PUT AN MOT ON THE VEHICLE A DAY AFTER WE HAD DELIVERED THE VEHCILE BACK TO YOU. PROBLEM BEING ONE OF THE MANY MANY FAULTS ON YOUR CAR WAS THAT ONE OF THE HEADLIGHTS WAS SMASHED OPEN HENCE IMPOSSIBLE TO MOT BUT YOU MANAGED TO MOT THIS CAR.

I HAVE TRIED CONTACTING YOU VIA EMAIL AND PHONE BUT YOU WILL NOT REPLY. YOU ALLEGE HERE THAT YOU ARE NOT THE OWNER OF THE VEHICLE SO PERHAPS YOU COULD DO THE DECENT THING AND REPLY TO THIS POST AND PROVE OTHERWISE

A RECORD OF THIS CASE IS HELD AT THE COUNTY COURT

Hi legal Begal i would be very interested in pursuing Peter A nderson in the small claims court i have all evidence from Audi dealership the damage the NATIONAL ENGINE CENTRE/E PRO ENGINESENGINE CENTRE.COM ,I have all evidence and recordings of Peter Anderson offering me up to Cardiff to fight him his abusive language and the damage caused to my Audi A5 has run into thousands this man needs stopping its unbelievable what he is getting away with i have all paper work receipts money paid Trading Standards case number video and voice recordings my email adrianwdavies@aol.com if this is something you would be interested in pursuing Regards Adrian Davies

I am the owner of the national engine centre in Cardiff. We currently repair about 15 vehicles per week and sell about 10 engines for customers to fit themselves. Most of the engines we sell are low mileage used engines. We do rebuild and or recondition engines but only when the engine is unavailable from our own stock. People need to realise that a rebuilt engine is an engine that has gone quite seriously wrong and been repaired, there is only one type of new engine and that is brand new and never used before. We currently have in stock over five hundred engines at least one hundred of them are 2009 or newer, we buy them now so we have them in stock when they normally start failing at about five years of age. We also have in stock brand new engines that we have purchased direct from the manufacturers at discounted rates

I often see advertised for sale fully reconditioned engines and straight away I know it’s a con, I know it’s a con because of the price, a rebore and four new pistons is a minimum of £600, yet what I see for sale is an engine rebuilt top to bottom for about £1000. This cannot be done for the money. In the last six weeks I have repaired two Renault 1.9 dci s that have had these so called reconditioned engines fitted both failed with in the warranty period, the supplier didn’t want to know and upon stripping they were not reconditioned.

I regularly collect vehicles in a stripped condition from other engine centres based in the London area, both regularly change there names and both advertise a deal that sounds too good to be true, invariably it is. How can a company advertise a five year warranty There is no such thing as a free meal

I cannot honestly say that every customer we have is a happy customer but there again I don’t think any business can. We have a warranty claim rate of about 3% most of which is repaired by the customers own garage as the faults are minor. I pay this bill at the agreed labour rate of £35 per hour; I will not pay more other than for exceptional circumstances, as this is the rate we charge at ourselves. We did go through a spate of embarrassing claims in 2007 and some but not all were justified. The one quoted on this site being one of them as the o.p. Doesn’t go on to say that his van had been parked up for 1 year and had significant wiring problems, infact the next garage to work on it is also slated on the same site. My main gripe here is that pasting a complaint from 2007 on a current forum makes it appear as if the complaint is a fresh one. Even after all this not one person complains that we have tried to charge them more money after agreeing a price. Time scales are quoted at ten days for run of the mill vehicles but things do go wrong. We don’t manufacture car parts if your vehicle arrives with us and a part that is required becomes obsolete or goes on back order we cannot do anything about it.

Our warranty conditions are very simple, the vehicle must be regularly checked for oil and water and if it fails within its warranty period and cant be repaired locally for a reasonable price then it must be returned to us.

Every Citroen C8, Peugeot 807 or Fiat Ulysse, we repair has a rebuilt engine, normally the customers own. The engines in these vehicles do not fail because they are worn out; they fail because the cam belt has snapped through water ingress, which in turn has also caused the injectors to become seized in the head.

Anyway I digress in short I am trying to say that I do not rip people off, I do not put prices up and I do not have ridiculous warranty conditions.

Regards Peter Anderson

"they fail because the cam belt has snapped through water ingress, which in turn has also caused the injectors to become seized in the head"

Could you explain a little further

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 01/09/2010 at 14:27

No1 reason for cambelt failure on a Citroen c8, Peugeot 807 or fiat Ulysses is water ingress in through the scuttle panel. The water pools in the centre of the engine, which is also where the injectors are located. Over time this causes the injectors to seize into the cylinder head and also the cam belt to rust. This is a documented fault; so much so that fiat now sell a cover that supposedly stops the cam belt getting wet.

An easy way of showing that the cambelt failure is caused by a design fault on the car is that the same 2.2 hdi engine is fitted into Peugeot 607s and Citroen c5s neither of these vehicles has premature cambelt failure or seized injector issues

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - bathtub tom

>>Over time this causes ............. the cam belt to rust.

????

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - Robin the Technician

Cambelt to rust.....

Must be cheap rubber from the far east?? I'm worried now my pug 406 'might' need some wd40 on the cambelt to stop the rubber 'rusting'

Sorry for the slightly sarky comment but you dig a hole and.......... I rest my case.

Robin the Technician

Point taken, but an easier way to explain rayon I always find is to describe it as steel. Most people are not going to be interested in hearing about a man made material being broken down due to contamination by water, especially when they are looking at paying £2000 to get there engine fixed.

I would have thought the only things that would damage a cam belt are excesive heat and mechanical failure I just do not see how water could damage it and certainly not cause any corrosion .Early vauxhalls and bedfords had uncovered cam belts open to all elements and although they had problems corrosion or rotting was not one of them.A quick google and yahoo is full of stories of problems eminating from south wales.You pays your money and takes your chance.

Might i respectfully suggest, that you google c8 cambelt failure.

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - boxsterboy
He is right. Rain runs down the scuttle and corrodes the injectors and the metal reinforcement in the cam belt. I found out that Peugeot do a tray to divert the rain away for the 807 and asked my Citroën dealer to fit one to our C8. "never heard of that, sir" was their response. So I gave them the part number for the tray, which they found on their computer screen. That shut them up! The car is now 8 years old and still running fine.
Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - lennywoodard

Was expecting the worse after reading other reviews, but in all fairness was really pleased with service, price and outcome for my engine replacement. I was upfront with Peter about being put off by negative reviews, but was reassured by Peter and other customers. I needn't have worried car returned today and no problems which I hope stays that way. I sometimes think like on Trip Advisor people can only be bothered to write review following a bad experience which is not fair or a true reflection on the business concerned!

What a load of s*** do you honestly believe what i just read im going to prove with more evidence than you could imagine from Industry professionals paperwork/to voice recordings even videos you are a conman with a big mouth who needs stopping PEOPLE AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE HES A VILE MOUTHY CROOK

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - Gibbo_Wirral

This thread is years old. Can you elaborate on why you've bumped it back to life?

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - Brit_in_Germany

There's a post further up which goes into a bit more detail but the issue is not too clear.

Citroen C8 - National Engine Centre - Warlock - Mr !

Hi Warlock I'm also in a dispute with this man. How can i get hold of you

Citroen C8 - National Engine Center - PETER 4768

MIGHT I ASK THAT ANYONE WHO POSTS TO THIS WEBSITE WITH PROBLEMS RELATING TO A VEHICLE WE HAVE FIXED OR ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF FIXING, THAT THEY GIVE ENOUGH INFORMATION THAT I BE ABLE TO GIVE A DETAILED RESPONSE. THIS DOESNT NECCESARILY MEAN THAT YOU ARE WRONG BUT IM SURE EVERYONE WILL AGREE THAT THERE ARE 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY.

• WE HAVE THOUSANDS OF SATISFIED CUSTOMERS AND WILL WILLINGLY SUPPLY TRADE OR CUSTOMER REFERENCES FROM PEOPLE IN YOUR AREA TO VERIFY
  • WHEN THERE ARE PROBLEMS SOURCING PARTS OR A VEHICLE ARRIVES WITH PARTS MISSING, WE SUPPLY FREE COURTESY CARS
  • REMEBER AN ENGINE FAILURE IS NEARLY ALWAYS A SECONDARY REACTION TO A PRIMARY PROBLEM, SOMETIMES THIS ISNT ALWAYS APPARENT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR VEHICLE ARRIVES WITH US IN BITS AND ALREADY DIAGNOSED, AN EXAMPLE IS HEAD GASKET FAILURES ARE SOMETIMES CAUSED BY BLOCKED RADIATORS ETC ETC
  • WE HAVE 10 CUSTOMERS A WEEK AND HAVE BEEN TRADING FOR OVER 15 YEARS. CIRCA 8000 ENGINES FITTED, WE HAVE POSSIBLY 20 NEGATIVE FEED BACK ON THE INTERNET OF WHICH HALF IS MALICIOUS NONSENSE, THIS EQUATES TO LESS THAN A HALF A PERCENT
  • OLD CARS ARE GETTING NEWER INCREASINGLY MOST OF THE ENGINES WE FIT ARE SECONDHAND UNITS WITH PROVEN PROVENANCE. THIS DOESNT DETRACT FROM WHAT WE OFFER. AN EXAMPLE IS A 4 CYLINDER PETROL VW ENGINE, REMOVING THE CRANK FROM THE BLOCK RENDERS THE ENGINE U/S AND THIS INFO IS FROM THE MANUFACTURER. YET I STILL SEE SO CALLED RECON ENGINES FOR THESE VEHICLES FOR SALE. MOST CYLINDER BLOCKS FOR PETROL ENGINES ARE NOW MADE FROM A CAST ALLOY 90% OF FAILURES IN THIS TYPE OF ENGINE RENDER THEM SCRAP/ IMPOSSIBLE TO REMANUFACTURE. THE NEW GENERATION OF DIESEL ENGINES ARE NOW GOING THE SAME WAY VERY SOON YOUR ONLY OPTION WILL BE SECONDHAND
  • WE NEVER TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR, WE REGULARLY ADVISE CUSTOMERS NOT TO REPAIR THERE VEHCILES. WHAT YOU PAID FOR YOUR CAR IS IRRELEVANT ON THE DAY YOU NEED AN ENGINE, ALL THAT MATTERS IS WHATS THE CAR WORTH AS IT STANDS, WHAT IS IT GOING TO COST TO FIX AND WHAT ARE THE ONGOING RUNNING COSTS LIKELY TO BE. OBVIOUSLY THE OLDER THE CAR THE LESS LIKELY ITS WORTH FIXING?

PLEASE TRY US IF YOU NEED AN ENGINE IF WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR COMPETITORS TO SPREAD LIES ABOUT US ON THE NET THEN HOPEFULLY WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU

Citroen C8 - National Engine Center - lordwoody

Please turn you caps lock off.