Car insurance issue schedule incorrect, again! - Trout

Good day all.

Recently changed my car. Informed my insurer, (not sure to put up the name but they have a dog in their ads). I gave full, precise and correct details of the new car.

The insurer, as promised sends me new documents. Fast and efficient you may say. Upon reading the schedule they got one of the details incorrect. I ring again and inform them.

New documents arrived, again. Yet again they make an error on the original details, they now get the model incorrect. I inform via email this time.

New documents again, guess what, they get another part of the model detail incorrect. So I email them again.

Yes, they get it wrong again after 3 emails. In the last email the good customer services assistant wrote all the correct details on the return email. I'm impressed, how can they get it wrong again....

They did, not had any doors has my car on the last two schedules.

Where do I stand if I make a claim. I originally, (06/05/10) informed them over the phone of all correct details. Am I liable in any way, after informing them so many times that their schedules and my car details are input incorrectly on their systems/schedules. Where will this end?

I want to know my legal standing here if I need to claim for any reason in the future. Can they refuse on grounds of not informing them of their error for the sixth time. I have had enough of chasing them.

I should add they have always got the correct reg number on the insurance certificate.

Thank you in advance

Car insurance issue schedule incorrect, again! - LucyBC
Keep records of all correspondence showing them you informed them several times of the change and sought to keep them informed at all times and they will be compelled to indemnify you in the event of an accident.

However send them a final letter by post recorded delivery (keeping a copy) as a complaint and requiring that they update your details correctly this time and inform you that they have updated them correctly.

State that you will hold them responsible for any errors or omissions whether or not they do so.