Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - boughta car two weeks ago and the paint is peeling - dougieboy

Just bought a car two weeks ago and a couple of days after buying it I noticed the drivers door had been resprayed, runs and dribbles. So I rang the dealer where I got the car from and he said he would book it into a bodyshop and get the paint flattened but if this doesnt work it would cost me £100 for a respray on the door. Now today I cleaned the car by hand again and noticed the laquer on the bonnet was peeling a little which wasnt there when I bought it?and also when cleaning I caught the bonnet on the corner with my nail and it indented the paint(like the paint hadn't set?)

where do I stand legally ect. on this as I paid good money for the car....thanks guys

Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - boughta car two weeks ago and the paint is peeling - bonzo dog

Excuse my ignorance but is this a new car? If so I would reject it.

However I presume it is a used car in which case I would suggest that as the paint work would have been clearly visible for inspection prior to purchase, the dealer is doing you a favour by agreeing to stand the cost of some paint.

Others may disagree .....

Vauxhall Astra H Sporthatch - boughta car two weeks ago and the paint is peeling - dougieboy

yes its used