Please can someone clear up this insurance issue! - SerenaG

I have been driving for over 10 years and have fully comp insurance, however my boyfriend has only got a provisional and is not on my insurance.

Is it ok for him to drive my car with me as a passenger or is this a huge no no!

I wanted to give him a little practice before his test but obviously do not want to break the law!

Is it worth getting him added to my insurance even though he only has a provisional

Please can someone clear up this insurance issue! - Falkirk Bairn

I have been driving for over 10 years and have fully comp insurance, however my boyfriend has only got a provisional and is not on my insurance.

Is it ok for him to drive my car with me as a passenger or is this a huge no no!

I wanted to give him a little practice before his test but obviously do not want to break the law!

Is it worth getting him added to my insurance even though he only has a provisional

Full licence holder of 10 yrs can supervise learner driver BUT only if you have him named or have an any driver policy.

Please can someone clear up this insurance issue! - Dwight Van Driver

To supervise a 'L' driver you must be over 21 and have held a FULL Licence for 3 or more years. Display L plates etc etc.

On the question of Insurance unless your comprehensive polic y covers ANY driver then to be lawful you should have that person added as a named driver. because of their status be aware that this could be costly.

May be cheaper and better in the long run to stick to BSM etc.......

dvd

Please can someone clear up this insurance issue! - Falkirk Bairn

"Large Scottish Dealer" you can hire a car by the hour - dual control.

Maybe other parts of the country are different.

Edited by Avant on 08/06/2010 at 21:56