Independant Garage Servicing - Mental Mike
Hi Guys,

Because my experience with fiat dealers has been so bad I'm tempted to get my Fiat Punto serviced and MOT'd with Arnold Clark (non Fiat dealer). They have a special offer where they give your car a 41 point service and MOT for £89.

Do these guys have a good reputation?

www.arnoldclark.co.uk/service/41pointservice.htm
Independant Garage Servicing - peteH
Interesting the two local Fiat dealers I have driven past today - have changed from Ryauto to Arnold Clark (as Fiat Dealers)

So you could theorectically have the 41point service and MOT with Arnold Clark at a Fiat Dealer for £89. If that is a good thing, or bad thing I am not quite sure?

Independant Garage Servicing - Crombster
Do a search for them on the web. There used to be a couple of websites dedicated to the group all of which made interesting reading.

Independant Garage Servicing - Mike H
I've used Lex Autocentres for MOT & service, but have found that they can vary from branch to branch. I chatted with the manager at the good one & found they had ex-main dealer mechanics on their staff, one of whom happened to be the right man for my car (Saab). The other branch seemed disorganised & scruffy.

In my experience, you often get better service & value at independents.
Independant Garage Servicing - RogerL
As ever, it all depends on the branch and the mechanic.

It really is time that the motor trade introduced minimum standards of training for mechanics, particulary as the charge rates are such a high multiple of the actual rate of pay.

Independant Garage Servicing - Mental Mike
Well it getting it done tomorrow. To be honest I'm more worried about getting ripped off then the mechanics not being 100%. I'm marking the air and oil filters so that I'll know if they change them or not.
Independant Garage Servicing - Godfrey H {P}
MM they seem to have some disatisfied customers. I won't even post the URL because they appear to be extremely litiguous. Draw your own conclusions.
Independant Garage Servicing - cos
Be careful with independant garages...some have dodgy practices such as replacing only one shock absorber on an axle...especially a certain independant vw garage in surrey.
Independant Garage Servicing - Blue {P}
Yeah, you do need to know that they will do it right and that they don;t just use cheap oil etc.

I can't remember who it was but someone on here said that an independant said they just use whatever coolant they have lying around rather than the proper one for the car... :(