Any car with high seating - High seating car for less than £4k - wazza

Due to back problems i am looking for a car with high seating for less than £4k.

It must...

1. have low insurance group (starting with no NCB)

2. seat one adult and three children in comfort

3. reliable and easy access to spares

since i plan to do less than 5k miles a year it can be a petrol version.

Must not be a 4x4. Nissan Almera Tino and Vauxhall Zafira comes to mind. Does not have to be a MPV.

Thanks in advance for the replies

Any car with high seating - High seating car for less than £4k - Auristocrat

Mazda Premacy ?

Any car with high seating - High seating car for less than £4k - j e macey

Ford Fusion has higher seating than most standard cars and can be adjusted to suit.

Any car with high seating - High seating car for less than £4k - Stryder

You could try out the previous generation Honda Civic (Five Door).

I have one, and my not so agile parents can get in ok..

It's very spacious in the back, bit like black cab. This makes it very easy to secure Children into child seats, far easier than my wife's Ford Focus. It's quite easy for Children to move around in the car, including from front to back, so they can exit out of the safest door.

One adult and three children no problem, but you might struggle with three childseats in the back.

I have a 1.6SE petrol which I think is insurance group 6 (in old categories). So long as the previous owner looked after the car reliability is fine.

It's best to get a car with air con - they steam up very easily. Some of the earlier ones were made in Japan which means that one or two parts are a bit awkward to get (e.g. rear wiper blade). I should imagine a UK one would have an easier parts supply.

Any car with high seating - High seating car for less than £4k - terrierman

How about a Citroen Berlingo Multispace? If you can put up with the Popemobile and Postman Pat jokes that is! I had a ptrol1.6 for almost 60,000 miles with total reliability.

I found mine to be very practical and surprisingly enjoyable to drive

Any car with high seating - High seating car for less than £4k - johnnyrev

Dare I suggest a Doblo? You can an awful lot of Fiat for 4k. Nice high upright seats and tons of room.

Any car with high seating - High seating car for less than £4k - wazza

thanks for the replies.

Any car with high seating - High seating car for less than £4k - pyruse

The driver's seat goes up pretty high on the Jazz

Any car with high seating - High seating car for less than £4k - gramar

Wazza

I've recently bought a low mileage (20k) 05 plate Suzuki Ignis 1.3GL as a second car. It fits your brief as we paid £3995 for it from a main Suzuki dealer. My wife has been using it for the past 6 weeks and its absolutely fine. On local runs its averaging just over 40mpg. Seats 5 in comfort and is easy to drive with light controls.

We had a Suzki Wagon several years ago and that gave us no problems and was another great car.