2002 T(red)DI - BHP of my vw - glascarmill

How do I find out the exact model and BHP of my car. I've checked all the original paperwork but its only says Golf tdi?

Ta very much

2002 T(red)DI - BHP of my vw - 659FBE

To find the engine power of a VAG group car look on the inside front cover of the service book, where a label will give the exact build status of the car and the engine power in kW. There is usually a copy of this label in the spare wheel well.

1 BHP = 0.746 kW.

1 PS = 0.735 kW.

2002 T(red)DI - BHP of my vw - Lygonos

IIRC - TDI = 90/105/110bhp depending upon year, TD(red I) = 115bhp, T (red D, red I) = 130bhp, (red T, red D, red I) = 150bhp.

The VW fanboys should know.

2002 T(red)DI - BHP of my vw - craig-pd130

That's quite common with the PD130s, over the years I've seen a lot of dyno plots of standard engines and they usually state 140-ish bhp at the flywheel.

I also remember a hub dyno plot (which measures actual bhp at the wheel) on a standard Fabia vRS which gave 134bhp ... and that's after transmission losses etc.

IIRC the DIN PS rating used by the German manufacturers is quite rigid about test conditions, stating that the quoted power output is for a completely standard production engine, with all ancilliaries fitted and factory intake / exhaust.

Much better than the old manufacturer's trick of using a blueprinted engine with conveniently non-standard exhaust and intake ... when US manufacturers switch from gross to net BHP figures in 1971, the actual engine outputs changed very little but rated outputs fell by up to 30% ...