Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - han
I want to buy either a.....new style honda crv ii
or....new style toyota rav 4
But am having major problems deciding which to go for

Please advise which one you would choose and \"why\"

Kind regards
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - Dynamic Dave
Han,

Why not just take a test drive in both and see which one you prefer?

Personally I would go for the Honda, as the Rav4 is a \"hairdressers\" wagon.
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - THe Growler
For what it\'s worth, in the Philippines the Honda is perceived to be driven by intelligent educated professionals, while the RAV-4 is perceived to be mainly in the hands of billy-boys or persons named Richard Head paid for in the former case by lover and in the latter by Papa.

:-)
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - TrevorP
Same as here then -
except for boys read \"Sharon\".
(and as for \"Powder Blue\" !)

Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - Steve S
Han,

If you\'re really stuck on one of these - fair do. But I had a play with an X Trail recently and a couple of mates have the Rav 4 and the Honda.

The X Trail is much better than either of them IMHO, and struck me as a considerable bargain.
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - J Bonington Jagworth
Every time I drive behind a RAV-4 I look at those weedy little rear suspension control rods that practically graze the road and wonder how on earth it would fare on a rutted track. Not that it\'s meant for that sort of thing, of course...
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - Dave_TD
It also has a low rear load sill so little dogs can jump into the back of it easily.

LOL!!! HJ, that\'s cruel! ;o)
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - weller
Han,
I bought a new RAV4 GX automatic in May this year.
I have been very pleased with it, not a serious off roader but then its horses for courses.One thing does strike me is, if they are so bad, why have so many other manufacturers copied them?
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - madf
\"One thing does strike me is, if they are so bad, why have so many other manufacturers copied them?\"

Becuase lots of people all over the world like the offroad image but dislike the 2 tonne 4x4 and prefer something easier for hairdressers to drive.

madf
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - weller
I am not a hairdresser, or does this have some other meaning?
Used to drive a Landrover 90 diesel county station wagon, it spent more time in the garage than on the road most of the work done under warranty.
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - Steve S
\"it spent more time in the garage than on the road\" - A Land Rover experience I\'m familir with - as are many others.

Does this mean you do need some 4x4 capability, if so, do look at the X-Trail it\'s impressive.

The hairdresser thing applied to early Rav 4s - let\'s face it the first ones looked pretty girly. I havem\'t seen the new one.
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - Maz
IMHO The Ford Fusion Ad makes the perfect point about SUV ownership. You know the one, where the bloke sits on the bunch of programmes.

Whilst he is no doubt chuffed about \'getting a better view\', anyone who wants to see what\'s going on in front will have to perform the impossible task of looking through his backside.

Are you sure it\'s not too late to reconsider? These
so-called \'cars\' do everything the SUV can do.
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - MokkaMan
What about the Subaru Forester as an alternative - not many on the road, handles more like a car (let\'s face it no-one takes an SUV offroad), good performance (turbo version), last forever and they seem to score highly in the user satisfaction review. The new model is just out
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - volvod5_dude
Go for the Honda or the Nissan X Trail if you don\'t wanna become a laughing stock that is!!
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - Graham
lets get this right; your name is Weller and you have nothing to do with hairdressing ?
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - PB
The Honda is definitely the sensible one. It\'s the more conservative styling and automatic FWD/4WDfront wheel drive I think. When we sold our CRV all the potential buyers thought the RAV4 a bit flash, though I\'d be happy with either new model in silver.
PB.
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - Simon (Anne\'s Other Half)
Anne has just bought a new CRV Auto last month and finds it superb.
30mpg, masses of room, cruises at 80 all day, and very flingable around corners.
She tested all the others on the market and found the Pinin lurched on too soft springs, the Rav4 had far less toys for the price plus smaller and looked tacky, and the XTrail full of flimsy naff plastics.
She is a farmer\'s daughter, so no \'girly\' options were considered, this ruling the Rav4 out on another count too.
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - The Watcher
Rav4 everytime. Far better car than the Honda. Whoever said the Rav was a hairdresser\'s car needs to get their hair looked at :-)
Haven\'t got any, hair that is, well not much! BTW my barber drives a V reg Mercedes E Class 3.2 Diesel which he has just bought for less than trade price. Sensible chap! None of yer Rav 4 rubbish for him.
Honda CRV or Toyota RAV 4 ? - The Watcher
Not bad if you want to drive an obselete tank I suppose! Not everyone wants a 3.2 litre lump to lug around.

But as far as the Honda and Rav4 go, the Honda\'s an old man\'s car at best. The Rav4 looks more stylish, better build and reliability.
Watcher,
So whats your definition of obsolecence? I hope that it\'s more informed than your opinions on the EU!