Buying laptop battery online. - Jane

Hi,

My Dell Vostro's battery is dying. It lasts around 10mins when not plugged into the mains and has given up warning me it's reached critical until after I've turned it back on! (not helpful in the least!)

Can anyone recommend an online source of genuine Dell batteries? Dell's website is quoting over £100.....I just wonder whether I can get one cheaper from someone other than Dell!?

TIA!

(I realise this should probably have gone in the Computer Related Questions bit....whoops!)

Edited by Jane on 14/04/2010 at 17:06

Buying laptop battery online. - oilrag

Hi Jane,

I buy everything off the internet through Amazon - in case of any problems

www.amazon.co.uk/Battery-Inspiron-451-10338-312-04...0

Check it`s the right one - cos there are many ;-)

Edited by oilrag on 14/04/2010 at 19:21

Buying laptop battery online. - pod

Do not buy from the laptop battery shop.

their three year guarantee is just a ploy.

they dont answer their e-mails when asked for their UK address.

They send the wrong battery and then want you to send them back to China at your expence.

Avoid them like the plague.

Ron.

Buying laptop battery online. - jamie745

Also dont buy these things on the high street they quote stupid prices. Dont be afraid of a generic 'compatible' make i got a generic powerpack for my HP for £4 and thats fine. Batteries for the Vostro 1310, 1510, 1000, 1520, 1700 and a few others can be got brand new on Ebay for around £20

Edited by jamie745 on 21/09/2011 at 00:43

Buying laptop battery online. - TeeCee

Generics, seconded.

Can't possibly be worse than a genuine Dell item*. They are truly dreadful for lifetime. Not worth fourpence, let alone a hundred quid.

*Actually I suspect that a few cheap "AA" rechargeables, some plasticene and a lead weight, all stuffed into an appropriately shaped case would be something of an improvement on the vanilla product.

Buying laptop battery online. - HF

Hope u don't mind me hijacking for a sec jane. I need not to buy a laptop battery but a laptop itself. It needs to cost over £300 and be new. Am i best trying online, or going to a shop? It won't make sense to u guys but it's something I have to do. It's not for me.

Why does it have to cost OVER £300? Conning the VAT man are we dear?

Always online by the way, theres power sellers on ebay with new laptops, full guarantees, proper businesses who can absolutely smash PC World off the map. But you need to really know what you're looking for. Tell us what the laptop will be needed for and any requirements of it and im sure that me (or probably Mrs Threadbare) will be able to find a good deal.

Why does it have to cost OVER £300? Conning the VAT man are we dear?

Always online by the way, theres power sellers on ebay with new laptops, full guarantees, proper businesses who can absolutely smash PC World off the map. But you need to really know what you're looking for. Tell us what the laptop will be needed for and any requirements of it and im sure that me (or probably Mrs Threadbare) will be able to find a good deal.

Oh for gods sake jamie. Me and the vat man? No. I just split up from a guy but i owe him a laptop and I want to lay everything to rest so that i dont owe anything anymore ok?

Ok what laptop was it?

I dont know jamie. Can u help if i can find out?

Buying laptop battery online. - Duncan112

Worth a look in Argos at the range ends behind the counter - I got a 17.5" HP for just over £300 last year which appears to run Photoshop and AutoCAD (Both resource hungry programs) just fine - on my desk at work at the mo so can't tell you the model. Asda also have good deals in from time to time.

One thing to be aware of is if you buy anything electrical from Asda Tesco, Argos etc and it goes wrong they will change it if at all possible - buy it from Comet, PC World etc and they will try to fix it leaving you without your kit for a long period - if you think politicians have good excuses for not performing try asking PC World where your kit is!!

Buying laptop battery online. - Bobbin Threadbare

I'm your (wo)man for computer related stuff. I self-build my PCs using bits from Scan or CCL. CCL do good laptops as well and you've got warranty and comeback if it all goes wrong. Worth a look.

I'm your (wo)man for computer related stuff. I self-build my PCs using bits from Scan or CCL. CCL do good laptops as well and you've got warranty and comeback if it all goes wrong. Worth a look.

Wow bobbin that's impressive. Good on u. Is CCL a shop or a web place? Sorry to sound so stupid.

Just want to do this and get it done and dusted, so if I discover anything that I think may be the right thing, i'll ask u about it. Very grateful. Thank u.

Buying laptop battery online. - Bobbin Threadbare

CCL is a web place; CCL Online. They do have a warehouse that you can go to but it's in Bradford.

CCL is a web place; CCL Online. They do have a warehouse that you can go to but it's in Bradford.

Ah ok Bradford completely out. Will check site. Although I might not even bother. I want to pay my dues, I'll take a peek and maybe ask your advice bobbin. thanks :)