Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 - cutting out when dipping clutch - Swearwolf

im absolutely lost now .. my car cuts out when i brake and put the clutch in. no stutter or noise, just cuts and i get all the warning lights. it restarts when i lift the clutch. its makin me so annoyed ..

what i have done: replaced coil/ignition pack (came up as misfires on plug in thing)

replaced fuel filter
replaced air filter
checked all fuses
replaced the exhaust manifold and lambda sensor today, no improvement

this happens almost every time i clutch and brake for roundabouts or bends :(

ive heard certain ECUs can spike and ruin that part... i think mine is one of them so heres a pic. p.s ICV has been cleaned out etc

img127.imageshack.us/img127/868/12042010269.jpg

Edited by Swearwolf on 12/04/2010 at 21:53

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 - cutting out when dipping clutch - Peter.N.

Edited by Peter.N. on 12/04/2010 at 22:44

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 - cutting out when dipping clutch - DP

You say you've cleaned the idle valve, but do you know if it's working properly? I believe cleaning the valve only "fixes" about half of them.

The symptoms are identical to a failed idle valve. It also does not log a fault code in the ECU when these die, so you won't get an engine management light on, or any diagnostic help from the ECU.

This was an ongoing problem with my old 306. They managed to clean it out twice, but the third time they replaced it. It transformed the car.

Is the idle speed stable / correct (that's of course when it does idle)?

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 - cutting out when dipping clutch - Swearwolf

hi, thanks for the reply. i thought the same so i went and replaced the ICV today. no change whatsoever, and the idle does bounce about between 800-1000 revs all the time

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 - cutting out when dipping clutch - hal2100

I've got the same problem. Petrol 1.8L. This has been happenning for a while, but last week it decided to rev by itself! That made life exciting while trying to park. After reading a few old threads (and making a post that never appeared) I'm going to take a short at cleaning the idle stepper motor.

There was a bizarre post from a Peruvian about having to 'reset' the ECU's understanding of what a normal load is by turning on all the ancilliaries and wiggling the stearing wheel. Was this for real?

Peugeot 306 - Peugeot 306 - cutting out when dipping clutch - hal2100

I had the stepper motor cleaned during a service and the problem has gone.