Measured mile - notathletic

About twenty years ago there used to be signs for a measured mile (and half mile) on a dual carriageway between Keighly and Shipley. Is this still there and are there any more around the country?

Edited by Avant on 10/04/2010 at 23:06

Measured mile - NowWheels

About twenty years ago there used to be signs for a measured mile (and half mile) on a dual carriageway between Keighly and Shipley. Is this still there and are there any more around the country?

I think that one is still there, but I'll check when I'm up there on tuesday. There's another one in west Bradford, on a partially-duelled stretch of the B6145

Edited by Avant on 10/04/2010 at 23:06

Measured mile - galileo

I think the black and white marker posts for the Huddersfield measured mile are still there on the left of the A6107 from Bradford Road to Leeds Road - not easy to spot as neglected for years.

Edited by galileo on 11/04/2010 at 19:50

Measured mile - ajsdoc

There was (and possibly still is) one on the way into Ilkley on the A65.

Measured mile - daveyjp

The one on the A650 to/from Keighley is still there - I used this stretch today.

Measured mile - integrale

I seem to remember there being one on Dorset Way A3049 running past Tower Park in Poole.

Edited by integrale on 11/04/2010 at 21:15

Measured mile - notathletic

Thanks for the replies. I used to find it handy to time myself at a steady 60 (indicated) to check the accuracy of speedo. Wish they were more dotted around the country