Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec 1999 - Driving feels course / rough? - Drive_R

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone could shed any light. Basically, I've the car to be driving quite rough over past few days; with the engine sounding course, dull and non-responsive.

It seems as the engine is lacking oil, but I've checked this and appears OK.

Just wondering what it could be - fuel injectors, fuel filter?

Or would spark plugs do the trick?

I don't think it's the coil packs, as I had this a while ago with the exhaust spluttering / mis-firing.

Thanks for any advice.

Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec 1999 - Driving feels Coa*** / rough? - Drive_R

Does anyone have any ideas please?

I've also just noticed today that there's either a clutch problem or something suffocating the engine - I'll try to describe as best I can.

It seems a random problem in that if I'm driving along in 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gear, the power delivery from (I think) the engine will sometimes appear to be lumpy, resulting in the car bunny hopping! Imagine the lack of air or insufficient fuel and the power being cut back.

It may well be a clutch issue, but how will I be able to eliminate one from the other - clutch or engine related?

Thanks

NOTE - *** I've tried to correct my spelling mistake >> course = c o a r s e

Edited by Drive_R on 14/04/2010 at 19:40

Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec 1999 - Driving feels Coa*** / rough? - Peter.N.

I have'nt run a petrol vehicle for about 30 years so know very little about the modern ones, but it sounds as though its missing on one cylinder or more, I would say the first thing to go for and the easiest is the plugs (I believe they still have them) other than that I think they have things called 'coil packs' would likely be your second option.