Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 / Ford Mondeo Diesel Engines - cphardcastle

I understand that the Mazda 6 and Ford Mondeo are built on the same platform? If this is correct I'm assuming the Mazda 2.0 MZR-CD RF diesel engine is the same PSA designed unit as the Ford 2.0 Duratorq TDCi diesel engine (As Ford seem to be a majority owner of Mazda) - is my assumption correct, are they totally different or are there subtle differences between the two?

The answer(s) may spawn several more questions.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Edited by CannondaleChris on 07/04/2010 at 09:19

Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 / Ford Mondeo Diesel Engines - rtj70

No you assume wrong. The Mazda uses a Mazda diesel engine and the Ford Mondeo Mk IV uses the PSA diesel. The Mondeo Mk III used the Ford DuraTorq.

So you are incorrect and they are totally different engines. Beware oil levels rising due to diesel ending up in the sump on the Mazda during DPF regeneration.

Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 / Ford Mondeo Diesel Engines - cphardcastle

Ah, that explains a lot then.

Thank you for clarifying the difference for me, much appreciated.

I am aware of the DPF problem on the Mazda engines as I've read a few threads on here concerning the matter but thanks all the same, I'll keep an eye on it.

Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 / Ford Mondeo Diesel Engines - jc2

And Ford no longer own a controlling interest in Mazda.They never owned a majority interest-just more than anyone else(about 31%).

Edited by jc2 on 07/04/2010 at 12:25

Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 / Ford Mondeo Diesel Engines - Med

Just a quick message,

if anyone has ever had problems with Mazda customer service, arguments regarding faults/defects etc. Then please email me on contact@mazda-campaign.co.uk (the site is currently under construction but will be up with full comment, forum capabilities in due course)

The more emails I recieve the more likeley when my issue goes to court this will stand up so Mazda can take notice of their customers.

Mehdi -
Mazda Campaign