Why did the chicken NOT cross the road? - oilrag

Why were its `ankles` hurting a bit and why did it smell of tiger balm?

Anwers 1 to 3 please

Also, age, sex and location.

And what was it thinking?

Why did the chicken NOT cross the road? - Avant

I think everyone has got stumped by this one over the last week.

I can only suggest:

- it had fowl pest

- or it was in someone's shopping bag being taken home to be cooked for Easter

- or it thought it was one of those feeble 'look at me, I'm injured' footballers.

Knowing you, Oily, it's going to be much more subtle than that.

I'll try to get the 'I have a question' taken out so this section is just called 'non-motoring - might attract a more general audience.

Edited by Avant on 05/04/2010 at 01:17

Why did the chicken NOT cross the road? - rtj70

I think the other old regulars are elsewhere.

Edited by rtj70 on 05/04/2010 at 01:22

Maybe they will come back when the functionality in the forum software is fixed.

Edited by rtj70 on 05/04/2010 at 01:27

Why did the chicken NOT cross the road? - pda

I haven't posted here yet since the BR came back on line, but I have seen what's been done since 2am this morning after the mods went to bed.

I would just like to say that it appears NOT to be the usual spammers work, but the work of someone who bears a grudge.

IMHO, it is despicable and shows just how misguided some people can be.

To the Mods: Keep your chin ( or should that be chins?) up, keep plodding on and don't give up. It will get better and I'm sure we can all rise above such childishness given time.

I know there are ways you can find out where the posts have come from, please do so, and let us know who is reponsible.

Pat

Why did the chicken NOT cross the road? - Altea Ego

Oily, turn your eyes my good fellow, recant, confess your sins, your skills are ill appreciated here, return to the other side... your friends await your return.....

Oily, turn your eyes my good fellow, recant, confess your sins, your skills are ill appreciated here, return to the other side... your friends await your return.....

I had a well balanced post summarily deleted without explanation over on another forum Altea - I`m a bit touchy with that sort of thing - so am not likely to return.

All the best!

I thought one of your posts from your overseas trip was deleted on here and nobody knows who did it. It could even be a quirk of the software. You didn't post it by clicking on report offensive when not logged instead of reply (which does not appear until logged in). I've done that a couple of times.

No worries about the deletions RTJ. I had a note from Sarah and It seems they got caught up in deletions of rogue posts. Possibly along the lines of the trouble that Pat mentions above - I`m assuming.

It`s a pity Mods on all forums have to deal with seemingly malicious rogue posts. Unfortunate really that technology can`t seem to block them - by IP address perhaps?

Time i think for all reasonable people to stick together from whichever forum they prefer and `out` and block anyone who is doing this.

Regards (to members of both forums)

Thanks very much Pat for your support. We will carry on and not let that sort of thing worry us, although we'll do what we can to stop it.

To you, Olly, AE and others - your input is appreciated on here as much as ever.

Edited by Avant on 05/04/2010 at 12:49

It would be good for the forum if HJ (and not HJ Publishing) said similar Avant. Sometimes it feels the regular forum members (who answer a lot of the questions for the new people who stumble across this via the Telegraph or Google) are not appreciated.

Take Oilrag's attempt now and in the past to have some fun posts and competitions. A lot of us appreciate Oilrag and others' input. But does HonestJohn.

Having said that the website is evolving with a lot of good new features on the way.

It`s not really knowing that holds me back a little on more intensive stuff, re quizzes -( but a few `musings` are OK I hope as they can be read without feedback. )

Hence a toe in the water with the (quiz without the title) chicken - which actually exists, i`ve seen it and it didn`t look happy.

There! That`s a clue ;-)

Why were its `ankles` hurting a bit and why did it smell of tiger balm?

Anwers 1 to 3 please

Also, age, sex and location.

And what was it thinking?

-------------------------------------------------------

In reverse order

It`s ankles were hurting from the metal spurs that had just been removed and It had oitment on wounds.

It was male and looked in it`s prime - but as though it had been in a fight. (presumably the winner)

Tied to a telegraph pole on a piece of string on a hot street corner in the Phillipines (so it couldn`t cross the road)

And it was thinking.....

you tell me ;-)

It was thinking.....Any minute now they're going to put me into a Manila envelope.

Someone else can do better than this.....

Why did the chicken NOT cross the road? - billy25

It`s Ankles were hurtin,

it had been in a fight,

it was tied to a telegraph pole,

on a hot sunny day,

wot woz it thinkin????

"Wish i`d bloomin well lost!!!"

i should think! ;-)

Why did the chicken NOT cross the road? - billy25

Has an answer hatched for this brain-teaser yet?

Sadly I undertook as risk assessment - on the spot and didn`t pull the phone out to take a pic.

It was a warrier of a Philippines fighting c*ck (thought I better insert a star and beat the forum software to it ;-) Billy. Suffering from wounds received in it`s last fight and with sore looking `ankles` - perhaps where metal spurs were fixed.

It was tethered to a post by a piece of string.

Which could raise a whole new question of course, what with this not really being a serious (well thought out) quiz - more a chance to chat.

How long is a piece of string? Not long enough in the case of the `chicken` (bet it wouldn`t like being called that)

Ain`t that right c*ck? (as we used to say in the back streets of childhood, here in West Yorkshire.

Edited by oilrag on 22/04/2010 at 09:27

Well, perhaps we got nearer that one than with the other puzzl;e! Very good for our brains and I hope others will see this and join in if you come up with some more.

Some neighbours have just started keeping chickens, reminding me that "C*ck-a-doodle-doo" was never anything like it. This one's more like "Ark-a-google-erk".