Kymco Miler - Scooter squeeking - Gregory II

I have a scooter and it starting to make a squeeking noise from what seems to be the swing arm. It goes away once it is at a rest, but after a journey it makes a squeeking noise. What might be causing this problem? I tried using WD-40 to no avail.

Thanks

Greg

Kymco Miler - Scooter squeeking - Harleyman

Most of these scoots use a variable-belt transmission. Might well be the drive belt.

I'm not very clued up on these things although i do use a Honda Lead for commuting.

I would though suggest that WD-40 is not the right stuff to spray on the belt. Get it checked out for wear and/or correct tension.

Kymco Miler - Scooter squeeking - amj

Does it squeak when the rear suspension moves up and down? If it does then it could well be dry swing arm bearings. You would need to strip and grease the bearings unless it has grease nipples fitted. Unfortunately the build quality of some of these cheap scooters is not the best.

Kymco Miler - Scooter squeeking - Gregory II
I think it is the front suspension, but I can't be sure. It seeems to dissapear once I put it on its stand. Only after a journey does it emit that noise!
Kymco Miler - Scooter squeeking - scotttt

What ever it is causing the squeak which is probably the swinging arm bearing, don't use WD-40 or similar products as they are an abbrasive cleaner for releasing moving parts after they have become overly dirty or rusted. If any over spray gets onto the belt or brakes they will be knackered and useless. Keep WD40 for hinges and rusty old padlocks.