Vauxhall Vivaro - towing with a van - gs_triumph

hi,

i am looking at purchasing an 03 Vivaro and have a few questions. the particular one i am looking at is a 1.9Di 2700.

i have a caravan i'd like to tow with it when going on holiday - caravan MtPLM 1250kg. Likely to be any issues? according to whattowcar it is a reasonable match.

can the 1.9Di be tuned for a few extra hP?

the reason i am keen on the 1.9Di is that they have the far less problematic 5 speed gear box. i am also told the engine is more reliable in general.

cheers,

Vauxhall Vivaro - towing with a van - Martin Devon

Get it chipped. makes a world of difference.

MD

thanks,

Do 1.9Di Vivaro's have a dual mass flywheel?

tried searching for one on ebay but couldn't find one so i am going to presume 'no'.

Vauxhall Vivaro - towing with a van - Berisford

i think you'll find they are one of the worst culprits for DMF failure.

Edited by Berisford on 22/03/2010 at 22:37

Vauxhall Vivaro - towing with a van - Graham567
i've got a 2004 Vivaro since new and the clutch etc is still as good as new and we put alot of weight in the back.So i would say that it hasn't got a DMF.the van has been great all these years.i've only had two electrical gremlins and these have both been plug and sockets working loose.as soon as they were pushed back together all was fine.
i'd say go for it.they are the best looking van on the road!
Vauxhall Vivaro - towing with a van - keybored

i had a 55 plate from new as a works vehicle until they changed the lease company recently and i now have a Pug Partner which i hate with a vengeance. it was superb as well as being extremely comfortable and very fast. i miss it everyday! Mine had the 6 speed box and never a problem.

thanks all.

i phoned vauxhall today who confirmed that the 1.9Di does not have a DMF so thats a major boon!

Vauxhall Vivaro - towing with a van - bathtub tom

and you believed them?

is there a reason i should doubt them?
Vauxhall Vivaro - towing with a van - bathtub tom

there's a thread about salesmen on another site which they probably won't approve of me posting a link to from here, nod nod, wink wink. Play with more than 3 cars, get my drift?

i spoke to the workshop.