Loss of Driving Licence - DaveB1971

approximately 3 years ago my driving licence was withheld by the DVLa due to me failing the visual field test @ a an optician. as i am a diabetic i had to do this test every 3 years. 2 years prior to the test i lost the sight in my left eye due to a detached retina not being 'replaced' in time. i now have a cataract on that eye but have perfect vision in my right eye when i wear glasses. i wear glasses for looking at the tv and when i am out and about.

at the time i was just outside the DVLa's tolerance for this type of eye problem (20% is the tolerance and i was 22%). i repeated this test at the hospital and the results were similar (21%).

Whilst driving with only having eyesight in one eye i never had a problem and did not have any accidents. is there a time-limit on when i can appeal this decision to try and get my licence back and what are the procedures? i am a 39 year old male who has a young family and the loss of my licence has impacted on what i can or where i can go woth my children.

any help would be appreciated.

Loss of Driving Licence - veryoldbear

You can but ask. have you lost everything in the left eye ? one of the problems with only one eye is lack of binocular vision and depth perception, so if you still have a bit going left it may be possible.

Loss of Driving Licence - Dwight Van Driver

it would appear that under Section 100 Road traffic act 1988 you have a right of appeal against the decision of the DVLa to a Magistrates court. when they revoked the Licence DVLa should have, according to their site, advised you of this and how to do it.

if they won'tplat ball omn how speak to your local Magistares court clerk or citizens advice.

dvd