Name that service station? - Rebecca {P}
Does anyone know which company runs the service station near Oxford on the A34, by the A44 turning?

And does anyone know if it has just one main restaurant area?

(am trying to arrange a fail-safe meeting point)

Thanks very much.

Rebecca
Name that service station? - Toad, of Toad Hall.
I *think* it's Granada.

There's a garage there so you could agree to meet there and be sure of not missing each other or on the steps up the bank to the main building.

If you really want somewere warm and dry to meet I *think* it has only one restaurant but, like you I've only ever stapped to meet people or for petrol so I'm not sure.

--
These are my own opinions, and not necessarily those of all Toads.
Name that service station? - volvoman
Who's the lucky guy ;-))
Uh-oh, again there's someone who thinks I lead an exciting life!

Sorry to disappoint, but the plan is to meet my Mum and collect my kids (who have been staying with her for a few days). Usual rendez-vous is Chievely services (spelling?) but I thought I'd volunteer to drive a bit further.

Fascinating stuff.

Anyway, will look up Granada's website. Thanks.
Name that service station? - M.M
Now you've just spoilt Toad's plan Rebecca, bet he was hop footing it out of the office this afternoon and heading straight to the Fuel station to wait for a blonde in a BMW.

That small mention of the kids might have slowed him down a bit, he'll be looking for a plan B now.

;-)

MM
MM - don't know if that was Toad's plan but I was just having a shave and checking the map myself !!!!

Wonder how many BackRoomers would've showed up :-)
Of course there's just the possibility that our Rebecca is just covering her tracks ;-)
Name that service station? - Dynamic Dave
MM - don't know if that was Toad's plan but I
was just having a shave and checking the map myself !!!!

Careful VolvoMan, you'll make Helpless Female jealous :o)
Name that service station? - Toad, of Toad Hall.
That small mention of the kids might have slowed him down
a bit,

Au contraire. Rebeccas prodgeny are sure to be 19 year old blonde twins...
--
These are my own opinions, and not necessarily those of all Toads.
Good point Toad, I'm off. ....... ;-)
I can only admire that unfailing Toadish optimism.....and so I'm helping to exercise some self-moderation I'll leave it there.

;-)

MM
destined for disappointment again...Anyway, I'm not that old.

But I keep meaning to stop at the Wellington Air Museum one day. Now I will know to look out for someone discussing Merlin valves (or whatever).

Rebecca
Ohh... I know that feeling :-(

Drive safely anyway !
Name that service station? - Armitage Shanks{P}
Knowing TOTH's luck rebecca will turn out to be screen name of a large, body pierced and decorated , traffic warden!
>>a large, body pierced and decorated , traffic warden!

You can read Toad's dreams???

MM
Name that service station? - Stargazer {P}
Its the Peartree roundabout sevices, also has a Little Chef and Holiday Inn.

The services are accessed from the roundabout.

hth

Ian L.
Thanks - still trying to find their number.
Name that service station? - Mark (RLBS)
You mean the ones about 2 miles or so short of the M40 J9 as you head North ?

I would suggest that the safest (less confusing) place is before there. There are Services at the roundabout before (it is signposted to Woodstock and Blenheim Palace.

The services are right on the roundabout so pretty impossible to miss, and the roundabout is beneath the A34.

There is a holiday inn there, which even thought its a bit naff, has a reasonable coffee area in reception for the general public.
The Woodstock/Blenheim one is actually the one I'm trying to identify - I will be heading North on the A34. Don't want to say 'see you in the restaurant' if there are several, so I was hoping to ring them and find out. Maybe I shall inflict my (young!) children on the Holiday Inn reception instead...
Name that service station? - Dave_TD
Went past it yesterday, it used to be Granada but of course that's now changed to Moto.
AFAIK there's only a Little Chef there, and the car park's not all that big, you should be OK spotting each other's cars if nothing else!!
Do you both have mobile phones? One of you can always ring the other when you arrive...
Name that service station? - eMBe {P}
Rebecca: Is this what you are looking for?

Typing "little chef Woodstock, Blenheim" in Google.co.uk brings up the following first three links:

Woodstock Restaurants
... Ltd 0.8 miles from Woodstock (Oxfordshire) Blenheim Palace Grounds ... OX8 1HT Telephone:
01865881888 Little Chef 5.9 miles from Woodstock (Oxfordshire) Weston ...
www.lollorosso.co.uk/woodstock/restaurants/1491-0/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

Kidlington Restaurants
... Ltd 3.0 miles from Kidlington (Oxfordshire) Blenheim Palace Grounds, Woodstock,
Oxfordshire, OX20 ... OX2 7JF Telephone: 01865559961 Little Chef 3.5 miles ...
www.lollorosso.co.uk/kidlington/restaurants/732-0/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.lollorosso.co.uk ]

Copyright
... at the slip road signposted Blenheim Palace then ... at Eynsham (Jet garage and Little
Chef on left). ... Witney take the A4095 signposted Woodstock, straight through ...
www.science-studio.net/content/map.htm - 7k - Cached - Similar pages
Name that service station? - eMBe {P}
you can also look up the details of the location on

www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=450000&Y=210000&...e
=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced
=&local=accom&scale=100000&multimap.x=231&multimap.y=119

and selecting items from the \"local information\" menu below the map will bring up details of restaurants, hotels, etc. as needed.

[M.B. - Apologies, but I\'ve had to break the link, it was messing up the whole page wrapping. I don\'t know why. To anyone who wishes to use the link, please cut and paste it using your mouse to the addresss box of your browser. Sorry \'bout that. M.]
Apologies, but I've had to break the link,
please cut and paste it using your mouse to the addresss box of your browser

Alternately, you could have visited either:
www.makeashorterlink.com/
or
tinyurl.com/

and pasted the link there. In turn you would have been given a shortened link, thus:

makeashorterlink.com/?C2F512052
ortinyurl.com/2diu
In turn you would have been given a shortened link, thus:

or even:

makeashorterlink.com/?J66651052

or

tinyurl.com/2diz
Name that service station? - Dave_TD
That's the Family Farm services on the northbound side, mate. brand new BP Connect and Little chef behind the shop. The other one is a Moto service area and Shell station with Little Chef and Burger King, right on the A44 Evesham Road roaundabout.
Thanks to all! - Rebecca {P}
Thanks as ever to all who replied. In the end I drove all the way, cutting out the need for a meeting point altogether. On the way home, as I was on the roundabout heading for the A34 I glanced at the services and I couldn't see that they were under any one brand (Granada, Moto etc) but it was only a quick look so could have missed it.

Anyway, thanks again for all your help.

Rebecca