Mercedes - BMDUBYA
i am very interested in the following MB, any comments both good and bad please advise, particularly, how expensive would be to replace self leveling suspension shockers and could you simple replace them with normal ones? Thanks in advance.

1994 M Reg Mercedes-benz E-Class 3.0D E300
Diesel, Azurite Blue metallic, Estate, 78,000 miles , 5 Doors. Alarm, Alloy Wheels, Anti-Lock Brakes, Automatic Transmission, Central Door Locking, Driver Air Bag, Electric Slide/Tilt Steel Sunroof, Electric Windows, Full Servce History, Passenger Air Bag, Power-Assisted Steering, Roof Rails, Self-Levelling Suspension, Singe Slot CD Player, Warranty. £8,250.
Mercedes - Chad.R
I think you've just seen "David.W's car".

Chad.R
Mercedes - M.M
>>"David.W's car".

Well remembered Chad, everything sounds spot on but I'd prefer a manual really......oh and I was waiting for them to depreciate to a Fenland budget of £3K max!

MM (was DW)
Mercedes - Armitage Shanks{P}
A manual Mercedes! They are dire in the extreme and that is why there are so few of them around. My local dealer has had a 200 for months - Manual, non-metallic, cloth and neither a/c nor sunroof. It will be there until next year, even at the low price on the windscreen.
Mercedes - Ian Cook
I fear you'll wait a long time, David.

I could never get enthusiastic about this Merc thing until a friend of mine bought a 10 year old 500SEL about a couple of years ago. It had been to the moon already but is absolutely bomb proof, and really quite something to ride around in - apart from looking a little like the sort of armoured car that Saddam Hussein might use. It likes a drink, too!

I reckon that a pre '95 E Class 3 litre diesel estate could be one to buy for retirement.

Ian Cook
Mercedes - madf
nice car: boring to drive.
When it all works, great.
Lots of toys, as it gets older they break and repair costs are based on £35k car..

Self levelling is I understand built into the ABS system/suspension electronics. Tamper with it at your peril.

A single slot CD player seems a bit out of place.

Mercedes - Simon Templar

The W124 series is acknowledged to be the last of the *over engineered* M-Bs.If you want longevity- thats your car.Electronics on this series,are minimal by todays standards.
Ideally FMBSH.Paintwork far superior to modern M-B.
Simon T.