renault clio 1.5 diesel 02 - immobiliser? - hmc

hi

this is a problem which dosnt happen all the time,very frustrating when it does as im stuck till it decides to go

i turn the key and sometimes the red light flashes fast, then i know its not going to even turn over

sometimes the red light just stays on even when you turn the key

the engine dosnt turn over and there is nothing

sometimes it will go after a few tries other times ive rung aa and got it going just before they come

it makes me nervous now as i drive with a small child

doors open fine on the key

has a new battery

its been to my local garage for a service and everything has been checked. it stayed there 3 days as it didnt do it with them to start with

they say it needs to go to renault and im worried about a big bill

anyone help please

renault clio 1.5 diesel 02 - immobiliser? - Altea Ego

does it happen with both keys?

and

you dont have both keys on the same ring do you.

thanks for the reply

i havnt tried the other key and no its in a drawer.

i shall use it tomorrow as im going to fill with fuel, been putting it off incase i look like a daft female at the pumps if it wont re start lol

why would it be the key??

thanks again

renault clio 1.5 diesel 02 - immobiliser? - Altea Ego

The key has a small chip in it, with a receiver aerial round the ignition key barrel. Its this system that makes up the imobilisor. The chip in the key does not need power.

If you have your two car keys on the ring it can get awfully confused.

Edited by Altea Ego on 20/03/2010 at 20:14

renault clio 1.5 diesel 02 - immobiliser? - WellKnownSid

That's right - it doesn't even have to be the spare key - it could be one for a different car.

another immobiliser key or even a stack of normal house keys on the same keyring close to the car key can prevent the chip being read.  The limit for my FIaT is about five house keys.

thankyou

no there are no other keys on the key ring

i will use the other key and see and im also going to change the battery in the origional

renault clio 1.5 diesel 02 - immobiliser? - rtj70

The immobiliser chip does not need a battery. It's not that.

with fingers crossed i thought id update

seems ok with other key!,though im not holding my breath

tomorrow will be day 3

thankyou all for the help

what do i do with other key now? are they repairable? how much is another and how do i go about it?

thanks

renault clio 1.5 diesel 02 - immobiliser? - Dj Amek

I had same problem racked my brains. Checked every wire searched every forum online. Took it to renault they wanted £100 quid just to do diagnostic. after 3 weeks of sleepless nights. I found the answer. The key fob. I replaced the battery still didnt work. Then I took some WDF 40 and some cotton wool and cleaned the circuit board in the key. I also checked that all solder points were ok. BINGO! THE IMMOBOLISER STARTED TO SEE THE KEY AGAIN AND RED FLASHING LIGHT GONE!! GOOD LUCK

renault clio 1.5 diesel 02 - immobiliser? - Peter D

The circuit board and battery have nothing to do with the immobiliser. The immobiliser chip is in the ket itself not in the fob.

What year is the 1.5D Clio Regards Peter

renault clio 1.5 diesel 02 - immobiliser? - Peter D

The circuit board and battery have nothing to do with the immobiliser. The immobiliser chip is in the ket itself not in the fob.

Regards Peter

renault clio 1.5 diesel 02 - immobiliser? - mikemikemikemike

I have a problem i have a renault clio 1.5 dci...2002 65hp my car wont start a buyed today a new cranshaft sensor i thought it is that. Dut it isnt the sensor my car is throteling again and again and i cant start it if i start it by hand its starting and running fine... i dont know what the f*** is the problem... :(

renault clio 1.5 diesel 02 - immobiliser? - Railroad.
A bloke I know had the same problem with his Kangoo. He found a company that manufactured an electronic box that allowed the immobiliser to be bypassed. It cost him £85 and it works perfectly well. It can be easily removed and the vehicle is immobilised again. I haven't seen him for a while so I can't tell you who makes it. Do a google search, you may find something.