Toyota Carina E 1.6 auto 1995 - Unipart engine oil and Comma auto transmission oil - Diamond

Recently bought a Carina E from a friends Dad, it's been serviced each year at Toyota, but I'm not prepared to pay their prices and will do stuff I can do myself ie. oil changes etc.

The manual states oil can be 15/40, 10/40 or even 20/50, all mineral type, and I believe it's filled with 15/40 at present. The Toyota invoice only says 'engine oil' so no help there.

What do people here think of Unipart oil? I can get 5 litres of 15/40 for £14.99. also what about auto transmission oil? Halfords are doing Comma Dexron 3 for £23.99 for 5 litres. The Haynes manual states Dexron 2 but I understand that Dexron 3 is OK to mix with 2.

Unipart and Comma - any good??

Thanks.

Toyota Carina E 1.6 auto 1995 - Unipart engine oil and Comma auto transmission oil - Robin the Technician

Hi,

as I work for Unipart, I have asked as to the make/ quality of said oil. It is manufactured by a company calle Fuchs. They supply mostly OE and any new Ford you buy has Fuchs oil in it. as you would imagine, Ford would not use inferior oil and I am reassured it is top quality and one of the best in the market.

I have used Unipart oil in our family's cars for the past 20+ years and never had a problem. You will also find that most Unipart product is to (or can exceed) OE standards.

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician

Toyota Carina E 1.6 auto 1995 - Unipart engine oil and Comma auto transmission oil - Robin the Technician

Hi,

as I work for Unipart, I have asked as to the make/ quality of said oil. It is manufactured by a company calle Fuchs. They supply mostly OE and any new Ford you buy has Fuchs oil in it. as you would imagine, Ford would not use inferior oil and I am reassured it is top quality and one of the best in the market.

I have used Unipart oil in our family's cars for the past 20+ years and never had a problem. You will also find that most Unipart product is to (or can exceed) OE standards.

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician