Can i put my insurance on hold after a crash? - Felics

I mean I'm not paying for any cover seeing as my car is wrecked so why should I still pay each month?

i know a lot of other people have done the same. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm with Endsleigh and I went into the back of another car I should add :(

Edited by rtj70 on 18/03/2010 at 18:20

Can i put my insurance on hold after a crash? - rtj70

Speak with the insurance broker (Endsleigh who are only a broker I think). But the accident was your fault so they have a big payout to make. Probably thousands if the other party claims whiplash which is common.

Also check the small print for your policy.

How long is left on the policy?

Edited by rtj70 on 18/03/2010 at 18:22

Can i put my insurance on hold after a crash? - commerdriver

Usually the monthly payment option makes clear that you are paying an annual premium by monthly installments not a monthly premium.

The difference is that if you had paid your annual premium up front as many do then you would not be entitled to get most of the premium back if you wrote off the car after 1 week.

You need to check what was on the policy forms and document but I expect they will still want the rest of the premium paid.

Can i put my insurance on hold after a crash? - Felics

i have the insurance until january!

ive just called endsleigh and theyve basically told me no chance. i'm actually really peeved seeing as many others have had their insurance put on hold. Im on third party insurance so wont even get paid out for my car (not anyones fault but mine)

im totally confused

Can i put my insurance on hold after a crash? - Altea Ego

what did you hit?

If there is a chance of a claim against you at some time in the future they wont put it on hold.

Can i put my insurance on hold after a crash? - rtj70

You have cost the insurance company many thousands in costs probably. So you need to pay your small share of that. You were responsible for the claim after all.

Can i put my insurance on hold after a crash? - kithmo

You're lucky they have let you keep the insurance policy. I've heard of companies that cancel your insurance after a write off claim and still make you pay for the full year's insurance. This means if you get another car you have to start another policy.