Kamikaze Toyotas - Mr Fox
I wonder if this business with the accelerators is hard wired into the genetic make up of Toyotas, I mean the Japanes invented the art of Kamikaze . . .

Personally I had an Avensis until recently and it never exhibited this trait. I chose not to have another one because the dealer was hopeless, am quite glad I chose something German instead
Kamikaze Toyotas - primeradriver
Quite how a manufacturer experiencing a problem and fixing it makes you glad you avoided them I can't work out.

Don't be another sheep that takes in all the press tells you.

BTW I trust your German car isn't a VW/Audi or BMW -- HJ has commented on what seems to be a far more common issue with the ABS on a lot of these cars that is potentially a safety issue and, to date, VW has refused to admit a problem with.

Good luck with that paranoia...
Kamikaze Toyotas - NARU
Can't stop now ... I'll maybe contribute later!
Kamikaze Toyotas - jc2
As someone else said-"The Car in front is a Toyota" Throttle stuck open and no brakes!!!
Kamikaze Toyotas - rayleck
Last year I went to trade in my car for a Toyota got offered £12500 in part ex' so I walked away.A few weeks later I part exed my car for £13500 at a BMW dealer.
Toyota,poor quality cars, poor quality deals!
Kamikaze Toyotas - redviper
Personally, I think that the whole thing has blown up out of proportion

Ok so there is a safety issue with the throttle, however at least the company is doing something ? it wouldn?t put me off buying a Toyota

Cars get recalled all the time ? and as a prev poster has stated some manufacturers even refuse to admit there is a problem.
But Toyota has said ok there is a problem we will do something about it.
Thanks to media it has all blown up out of propotion even with people who don?t even own a Toyota (***no reference to anyone on here***) jumping onto the bandwagon saying they would never own one in light of this
Kamikaze Toyotas - Old Navy
Last year I went to trade in my car for a Toyota got offered £12500
in part ex' so I walked away.A few weeks later I part exed my car
for £13500 at a BMW dealer.

>>
Was that £1,000 saved on the trade in lost in the price you paid? I always work on price to change, all the figures can be adjusted to give advantage on paper.

Edited by Old Navy on 16/02/2010 at 09:15

Kamikaze Toyotas - audiA6tdi
Agree with Redviper. At least Toyota are doing something about it. BMW with the alloy wheels, Merc with the injectors, VW with the leaking cars. They do nothing to admit or fix the problem.

I would happily buy a Toyota if they looked better, the shape is quite bland. In regards to reliability etc you cant fault them.
SNIPQUOTE!
I always work on price to change all the figures can be adjusted to give
advantage on paper.

A fair and proper part ex price plus several grand knocked off the asking price.The BMW dealer bent over backwards to do a deal while the Toyota dealer had a' take it or leave it' attitude.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/02/2010 at 00:18

Kamikaze Toyotas - David Villa
Last year I went to trade in my car for a Toyota got offered £12500
in part ex' so I walked away.A few weeks later I part exed my car
for £13500 at a BMW dealer.
Toyota poor quality cars poor quality deals!

I disagree with you.

Toyota,good quality cars and a company that fronts up and does the right thing(eventually).

It is so easy to make lame jokes a Toyota's expense at the moment.Not very original.

Was not meant to be a lame joke,just my honest opinion. Which Toyota dealer do you work for?

Edited by Honestjohn on 16/02/2010 at 16:31

Kamikaze Toyotas - grumpyscot
Got an Avensis 2.5 years go after long and happy associations with Saab. (Only reason for not going Saab again was tha the company dropped them off the list).

Took the Avensis Diesel and can honestly say that, apart from the seats not being as comfortbale as the Saabs (but whose could be?) the car has been excellent. Reliable, very economical, and so, so quiet - the quietest diesel I've ever not heard. Miles quieter than my B-in-law's BMW.

The car might not be all that exciting, but it's certainly a car that causes me no stress or worry - and yes, I'd buy another Toyota (albeit my preference is now for Honda).