01 1.8 Car stalls at lights when temp is high - tlloyduk
Hi Everyone

I wonder if you can help me. I have a Zetec 1.8ltr Ford Mondeo on a Y (2001) plate. Recently it has started stalling when I come to a stop (either at lights or behind another vehicle). The engine cuts out, all lights on the dash come on, and I have to restart the engine to get going again. It is fine whilst I am going up through the gears but as I come down to almost a stop it stalls.

I have noticed it only behaves like this after I've drive a few miles and the temperature guage on the dash is getting up to the half way mark. I must admit, up until recently, I never saw it go much past the quarter mark....so I am wondering if this is temperature related?

I recently had the ignition coil replaced and fuel filter replaced.

Ahh, one other bit of info which may be relevant - I took the battery out of the Mondeo to start another car. I then charged the battery up full over 24hrs before putting it back into the Mondeo. Ever since then, this stalling problem has happened intermittently. Now it happens more often than not. Not sure if the battery is just coincidence but thought I would mention it.

If you have any ideas I would be very grateful,

Tim

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/02/2010 at 19:16

Y 1.8 Car stalls at lights when temperature is hig - tlloyduk
Just wanted to add it has a Duratec HE engine
Y 1.8 Car stalls at lights when temperature is hig - zookeeper
are the battery cables nice and tightly done up on the posts?