Multi Quote Car Insurance Woes - Zippy123
My folks purchased a new Nissan Micra Tekna 1240cc Automatic (on a 59 plate) late least year with a scrappage offer (despite now seeing their old car on the road since).

However, their insurance now needs renewal and their existing company seems expensive.

I have had a look at several price comparison sites and some other direct sites and they don?t seem to have their car listed. They do have the manual version though.

A phone call to one of the direct companies got a rather odd response along the lines of: ?Use the manual car?s details. I have checked with the underwriter who says that will be ok?! Now unless this is in writing I intend to ignore the comments, but have the backroom folks got any ideas on how I can get their car listed so that the correct quotes are provided?

(BTW the registration also brings up the wrong details but the V5 is correct. )
Multi Quote Car Insurance Woes - freddy1
despite now seeing their old car on the road since???

then the car was not bought on scrappage?

the dealer sold it on?

was the paperwork filled in correctly?

wrong details suggest a serious problem to be encountered at a later date (mot time?)
Multi Quote Car Insurance Woes - scrapmetal
Nissan offered £2000 for cars less than 10 year old, but the cars were not scrapped, they just stood the difference in value. Could this be the ops deal
Multi Quote Car Insurance Woes - freddy1
ok , i,m sorry about that,

the details of the car need to be checked as problems will occure later

Multi Quote Car Insurance Woes - ifithelps
My previous five-door Focus hatch came up as a three-door on some, but not all, sites where you enter your registration number.

I corrected the details several times over the years, but it still kept happening.

As with the OP's parents' car, the V5 was correct.

Edited by ifithelps on 14/02/2010 at 17:17

Multi Quote Car Insurance Woes - Zippy123
As the V5 is correct then I assume they will just have to keep looking for an insurer that has the car on their records.

Re the scrappage. The car was over 10 years old but I guess the dealer managed to sell it on a pocket the difference. The folks were happy to get £2k for it.