00 1.4 clutch - bernie rubble
hi,i have a citroen xsara,(not picasso)1.4,w reg,78000 mls,the last couple of weeks the clutch has been slipping'.i've only ever done a clutch replacement on a rwd car,is it worth trying it myself or would it be just quick and simple going to a local 'clutch centre'.also would be better going to a main dealer and getting a 'genuine' clutch kit,i've been told there motor factor type clutch's are wafer thin and only last about 20,000/2 years.any info would be appreciated.
00 1.4 clutch - piston power
That all depends on how compitent you feel about doing it buy the haynes manual and take your time you will need the car as high as possible on axle stands.

Genuine parts at the dealer will cost you some £££ but a local indie would be cheaper the choice is yours.
thanks bigtee,i've got the haynes manual and after reading it,what a pain in the backside its goint to be.i ain't got a garage,so i'll be freezing outside.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/02/2010 at 17:48

00 1.4 clutch - piston power
Neither have i and many a man has fitted a clutch in the wet no fun believe me but don't laugh too much we fitted a gazebo with sides over the car and fitted a engine in like this in the rain once looked daft but dry.!
i never thought of that,nothing worse than a cold wind,down the back of your trousers!!!!
00 1.4 clutch - RichardW
you can can get an OE Valeo clutch from GSF for about half the price the dealer will want. A 1.4 shouldn't be too bad, probably take all day working steadily.