Omega driver`s seat - zedzedeleven
Having a good stretch at the lights today, leant back braced against the seat when a loud cracking noise from the seat back signalled another Vauxhall part failing. One of the adjustable lumbar supports collapsed. Now theres a thing i have never had a poke around in . Anyone any experience of taking a seat to bits ? Looks like all the cover will have to come off and probably never go back right as the little spring clips and those nasty razor sharp pronged fasteners snap and drop down into the footwell. Alternatively , I suppose I could get one of those things that look like a door blind with lots of little wooden knobs on , very oriental they are.
Omega driver`s seat - Dave_TD
Absolutely bang on, you'll never get the cover tensioned like it was at the factory if you take it right off. Best to peel it up as far as the break in the metal, and get the metal welded (very gently - thin steel!), and once it's cooled down pull the fabric back down and clip it on at the bottom.
Had the same thing happen in a Mondeo, the weld fixed it just fine, but we didn't lay enough welding mats on the floor and the seats, got a couple of burns in the plastic centre console from flying blobs of molten metal, and one in the roof lining.
Of course, you could always buy a driver's seat from a vehicle dismantler's.
thanks for that Dave, looks like the breakers yard then.
Omega driver`s seat - Vin {P}
you could try:

www.autobahnstormers.co.uk

They have a parts section that stuff like seats occasionally surfaces on. Also a wanted section that might be of use.

V
Omega driver`s seat - Chad.R
ZZ11,

try

www.vauxhallspares.co.uk
or
www.dixonsvauxhallspares.co.uk

Chad.R
Omega driver`s seat - crapcar
my one went the same way the back of the seat can pull off and you will see that a bit of plastic has broken witch can be replaced no prob
Omega driver`s seat - Crombster
You s** zedzedeleven! I have never had a problem with my seats until tonight when I stretched at the traffic lights in order reach my phone cable and snap, there goes my lumbar support! You must have jinxed it!

Glad to hear its easily fixed though :)
Omega driver`s seat - Mark (RLBS)
I don't think seat backs are very expensive. I bought one a little while ago for a Merc, it was only 80 quid.
HAR har ! Honestly though , I twiddled those knobs up and down a few times when I first got the car but could never really decide where the optimum setting was. Still , if an easy fix is to be had I`ll have a go . Or see if a surreptitious swap with `er indoors seat can be craftily arranged.
Thanks for the help guys ,mike.