02 1.9TDi vibration & loss of power at certain rpm - asand100
I have a 1.9 TDI Fabia (it is great 80%) of the time it is an 03 plate
Owned for 2 years

The problem with it.

When the engine is warm, and I am driving (typically on the motorway) it starts to jitter, sometime with a loss of power, I can either accelerate pass the engine vibration or slow down and they seam to go away and then accellerate again. But it will come back when it has done it once.

I have tried better fuel, and the fuel "cleaners" / fuel additaves from Halfords it got a bit better. But it is still happening at least 2 - 3 times a week now, the garage seam confussed.

When it behave like this the engine will sound rough at idel, if I stop it and start it within 5 minutes it will misbehave again.

Any advice, suggestions would be great.

{subject header made less vague by giving a brief description of the question being asked}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/02/2010 at 00:43

02 1.9 Help please. - Peter.N.
If it had been a good old fashioned diesel with no electronics I might have been able to help but I can only suggest you take it to a good independent and get the fault codes read.
02 1.9 Help please. - David Horn
Don't know enough about the Skoda range to make a proper guess, but a wild one would be the injector wiring loom if it's anything like the VW PD TDI.
02 1.9 Help please. - craig-pd130

Could be the coolant temperature sensor, if this is faulty then it will run OK when cold but start giving problems when the engine warms up, because the ECU suddenly thinks the engine is stone cold and will change the fuel injection cycle.

02 1.9 Help please. - asand100
Hi Craig Thank you

I will mention this to the garage and look at the connections at the weekend I have the Haynes manual on my lap now.

It feels like its an "electrical" issue. But the temperature gauge inside the car for the engine never moves. it stays in the middle. the injectors have already been moved about to no effect.

Anthony
02 1.9 Help please. - ben1980
Hello i have just developed this problem on my Skoda fabia 1.9tdi 125k mainly motorway. just wondered on if anybody found a solution to this problem? it happened towards the end of a 500 mile journey. i had to nurse it thru the last 120 miles and seemed managable. as it now has to make me back down the 500 mile journey on friday? so help is needed !
02 1.9 Help please. - tchn

Ben

I have this now on a 2001 Y, 127,000 miles. Did you find out what needed doing?

Tom