Audi 90 Central Locking problem... - Mike D
Hi,

I've got a 1986 Audi 90, with central locking. It's just gained a *really* annoying habit - whenever you try and open the driver's door from inside, it locks all the doors! Add to that the electric window doesn't wind down, and I have to shuffle out via the passenger door ;)

Any hints on how to fix it / check what's wrong?

Ta!

Mike
Re: German Build Quality!! - Guy Lacey
A few threads ago I was going on about German build quality outstripping our Luton/Dagenham/Coventry cousins!!

I think the central locking is actuated by air so I would check any routing of pipes but it's only a guess...........better ask my brother!
Re: Audi 90 Central Locking problem... - David Woollard
Mike,

Take the door panel off and it could be quite simple.

Is part of the linkage that opens the door catching the connection from your lock button? So that when you pull the handle on the inside it thinks you've pushed down the button to lock.

Or is it connected with the failed elec window?

Have a look and see. Nice German build quality so all the trim will come off OK and still fit back nicely.

David
Re: Audi 90 Central Locking problem... - Guy Lacey
Come to think of it - the central locking acutator is activated by a link from the door pull to the unit situated by the electric window motor - could be related. Does the door handle (inside) actually open the door? If not then it could be the metal connector has fallen off and caught the run to the c-lock unit.
Internet twins. - David Woollard
Guy,

Posting the same thoughts at the same time....spooky.

David
Re: X-Files! - Guy Lacey
I've got a birthmark in the shape of a VW badge - you too?!!
Sorry - David Woollard
Looks more like a double chevron to me!

David
Re: Audi 90 Central Locking problem... - Mike D
>Take the door panel off and it could be quite simple.

OK, that's my weekend sorted... :)

Thanks everyone!
Re: Audi 90 Central Locking problem... - Martin
Check the electrical connection on the pneumatic locking unit in the door for corrosion where the 'spades' go into the body of the unit...